PDA

View Full Version : Driving Directions

Ann-Marie
17-03-2004, 15:44
Hi All

Having been to Orlando twice before and due out again this July, I've booked our minivan with Dollar at MCO.

The last couple of times we came to Orlando I had to pick up our rental off site of the Airport and came along the Beeline Expressway and then onto the I4 but this time we're staying at Indian Pointe and, if I'm right in thinking, it will be quicker coming along the 417. My question is, is this route pretty easy and well signed? I'm thinking of coming off on to the OBT and along to 192 as I'm a bit more familiar with that road. My concern is that if we're delayed and end up arriving in the dark, I don't want to get lost on a road I've not been on before.

Any tips greatly appreciated.

Ann-marie[msncool]

blott
17-03-2004, 15:57
Ann-Marie, your home owner should provide you with detailed directions from the airport to the home in Indian Point as they may have a better way.

If you want to go along the 192, then this is our usual route to do that.

Follow signs to 528 west from the airport. There are two tolls along this road for 50 and 75 cents. Follow the signs to a turn off to John Young Parkway. At the T-junction, turn left into John Young Parkway. About 6 or so miles down and you'll find the intersection with the 192 (which runs east to west across John Young Parkway). Turn right into the 192. You can either turn left off the 192 at Wal-Mart or carry on to Siesta Lago (opposite Rack Room Shoes). Either choice, go to the end of the road and turn left. Indian Point is on your left.

chrisj
17-03-2004, 16:39
If my memory is right, if you come off the OBT the toll there is not manned, What happens
if you dont have the 50C

blott
17-03-2004, 17:12
Both the tolls are manned (personned?!) Chris on the 528.

chrisj
17-03-2004, 17:25
Are they, I must have got off somewhere else then :D Thats the wifes directions
to blame,not the driver

I love that 'Personned' word, :D

Actually the drive from the Airport is so easy, and with the Villa's not that far away
it doesnt take that long

Ann-Marie
17-03-2004, 17:41
So the 528 that's the North exit out of the Airport - correct? What about the 417 from the South Exit? I see people mentioning this road as easier and quicker or is my geography well off! No matter - whatever is the easiest is what I would prefer.

Many thanks.

Ann-Marie

chrisj
17-03-2004, 17:52
Thats the road we used the south exit then it was onto the 417, very easy route. As Blott
has said the Villa Owner will give you directions. I assume if a route has roadworks
that have started, they might provide some updated route to avoid them

Ann-Marie
17-03-2004, 17:56
Thanks Chrisj -

I think I may take this route, its probably good experience trying the different routes anyway.

Regards

Ann-Marie

:)

chrisj
17-03-2004, 17:59
There is a site that shows you the route you need to take, its got piccies of all the
junctions etc and I used this last year. It meant that everytime we came to a junction
I knew what to look out for.

I can pm you the site if you want. As I said I used and and knew the route off by heart
when we landed.

janice
17-03-2004, 18:01
Have a look at this website to see if it helps:- [website link edited]

blott
17-03-2004, 18:04
The 528 runs across the top of the airport from east to west. You'd want to follow the signs from the car collection to 528 west. Your home owner is normally the person in the best position to give you directions to their home.

I think Chris you're probably thinking of the 417 with the unpersonned(!) tolls?

chrisj
17-03-2004, 18:08
Thats probably the road I was on then Blott

All my work colleagues are falling about at this 'unpersonned' bit:D

Ann-Marie
17-03-2004, 18:57
Chrisj and Janice

Thanks. I've been looking at this website and it looks pretty straightforward. I'll definitely take this route and make sure I have my toll money ready. I think only one of the tolls is unmanned but shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers

Ann-Marie[8D]

chrisj
17-03-2004, 18:59
Your welcome

As I said I found that site really good for directions, and it made me feel better when
we picked the car up as I had a very good idea of where we were going

Ann-Marie
17-03-2004, 18:59
Thanks also Blott.

Hopefully, after this trip, I'll know the area a whole lot better.

Cheers

Ann-Marie[8D]

chrisj
17-03-2004, 19:00
Your staying not that far from us, we will be in Crescent Lakes just down the road from
you

Ann-Marie
17-03-2004, 20:02
Oh well, if you hear some deranged woman screaming in the distance about 6pm on the 8th, you'll know its me and I've got lost.

Only kidding -I've every confidence I'll find my way.

Thanks for all your help.

Hope you have a great holiday too.

Kregards

Ann-Marie[msnwink]

chrisj
18-03-2004, 00:12
:D:D

NigelM
18-03-2004, 16:00
Probably my last post before we go!!!!!!!!

Try this site. It has great instructiones complemented by photos of landmarks etc.

[website link removed]

NigelM

NigelM
18-03-2004, 16:24
Oops sorry!!!!!

chrisj
18-03-2004, 16:51
Thats the link I was on about, its great for directions. Really put me at ease and
meant didnt have to rely on the wifes map reading :D

To be fair one day though I didnt listen to her shouting TURN HERE and we or should I
admit I got us lost. All part of the fun :D

18-03-2004, 17:35
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrisj
There is a site that shows you the route you need to take, its got piccies of all the
junctions etc and I used this last year. It meant that everytime we came to a junction
I knew what to look out for.

I can pm you the site if you want. As I said I used and and knew the route off by heart
when we landed.

[/quote]

Chrisj

Can you PM me the site too please&gt;

Julie R

chrisj
18-03-2004, 19:22
Will do Julie

Mind you its only cos of your avatar :D