PDA

View Full Version : Where should we go?

bigbrother
17-03-2004, 12:58
We are first time visitors, first two weeks in August. We are taking 4 kids aged 11, 14, 15 and 16. We'd like to know the best 'family' style restaurants to eat, possibly around our villa in Davenport, Kissimmee for breakfast, unsure about the evenings as we are doing all of the theme parks while we are over and will be moving about. Any tips would be much appreciated! Is there anywhere we should avoid?!! Also, will all of the kids be classed as adults in restaurants? many thanks

Claire M
17-03-2004, 13:48
Hi Terry

There are lot's of restaurants which are all generally aimed at families, such as - Perkins, Ponderosa, Golden Coral, Denny's. Ponderosa and Golden Coral are all you can eat buffets and Perkins and Denny's seem to cater for everyone. There are so many different places to eat so it is all down to personal choice. If you do a search on this forum for the above restaurants you can come up with everyone else's opinions.

I am not sure whether your children would be classed as adults as mine are still small. Someone else will let you know.

Claire

P.S. Perkins is rated quite highly on this forum as is Ponderosa.

DMC
17-03-2004, 14:00
Hello Big Brother

If there is one things you won't be short of in Orlando then its going to be places to eat.

For Breakfast then the Ponderosa and Sizzlers both offer all you can eat buffets for around $4-$5.00 each.

For Lunch there are the usual Burger / Pizza Places etc.

For Dinner then the choice is almost endless, The Outback is a good place for the family and the usual Steak houses - our favorite is the Olive Garden on I'Drive.

Not sure of the age when a child becomes classed as an adult

You won't go hungery.:D

caroline
17-03-2004, 14:44
Usually kids menus are for under 12's although it varies - we have a small 12 year old who eats off kids menus at some places and adults at others - just depends what he fancies.

Ann-Marie
17-03-2004, 14:59
Hi Terry

One of the restaurants we always go to when we're over there is Chillis on the 192, great food, great value. We have a 10 year old and, like Caroline's child, ours sometimes eats off the kids or the adults menu, whatever he prefers.

I can feel the pounds creeping on already!

Ann-Marie

ujpest doza
23-03-2004, 20:25
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ann-Marie
Hi Terry

One of the restaurants we always go to when we're over there is Chillis on the 192, great food, great value. We have a 10 year old and, like Caroline's child, ours sometimes eats off the kids or the adults menu, whatever he prefers.

I can feel the pounds creeping on already!

Ann-Marie
[/quote]

Chillis is excellant, the 1 at Lake Buena Vista opposite Sizzler is well worth a visit.The onion loaf is lovely.

Also for nice New York Style Italian try Carrabas on the 192 at the end near to us27.

Ruth
23-03-2004, 20:52
We tend to eat breakfast in the villa but for the evenings we love the Olive Garden, Outback Steakhouse and Carrabas:D