PDA

View Full Version : Hampton Lakes

Wandsworth Wizard
16-03-2004, 22:31
Hi I am staying @ Hampton Lakes in October with my wife and children aged 12 and 9. Can anybody give any information about the community. Also could anybody let me the best and nearest place to eat for when we arrive. Thanks in anticipation.

sian
18-03-2004, 05:20
We have a villa at Hampton Lakes and are really pleased with it.It is situated, along with lots of other communities, on the N27. I love it there but that's probably not a very objective view! Hampton Lakes has a communual pool, tennis courts, play area and sand volleyball court. It is well kept and clean and I have always felt very safe there even when I have stayed on my own with my children.
The closest places to eat (a few minutes drive away) are further down the 27 towards the I4 (turn left out of the gates and continue straight) where there are a number of eating places - pizza restaurant, McDonalds, Waffle House etc. May not be the best places to eat but will be the most convenient until you get your bearings and explore. Hope you have a great time.

Sian

steph_goodrum
18-03-2004, 11:52
Hi Like Sian we have a place at Hampton Lakes and are really pleased with the decision we made. If you having a day chilling at the villa but one or more of the children have a bit of excess energy then the tennis/baskteball and volleyball gives them chance to let off a bit of steam whilst still allowing the others some quiet time.
It really depends what time you are arriving and how tired you are after your flight. We always find we're so excited to be back home that we dump the cases oand go off to the supermarket or eat, as well as the places Sian mentioned there is also a New York pizza place and Perkins diner. If you don't feel like going out there are numerous takeaways who will deliver to your villa nad most homeowners leave a selection of menus for you to choose from if you wish. Going the other way from Hampton Lakes takes you past the Publix (if you want to pick up some groceries/snacks) and onto the 192 where there are many places to eat, our personal favourite is the Golden Corral.
A;ternatively you can come out of Hampton Lakes turn left and then left again at the Walgreens chemist and then left in Championsgate Boulevard where there is another Publix, Macdonalds and Chinese, and Subway (I think).
Hope this helps and if you have any other questions please just ask.

hamptonlakes
18-03-2004, 12:45
As the ladies above say there are many facilities on our community and also i wanted to add that we normally get some bagals from Publix and pick from the wide range of ham and cheeses and taken them back to the villa and enjoy great Bagels with ham and cheese[msnsmile2].

As the the Ladies above say if we can help you with anything please dont hestiaite to contact us.[msnsmile2]

Because of habit i normally eat on the 192 places like Ponderosa, Golden Corral, Sizzlers, Chinese there is so much and also Dominos Pizza which is about 5 - 10 minutes and they will deliver to Hampton Lakes

Bazamor
18-03-2004, 15:01
I actually DONT own on Hampton Lakes( Emerald Island) but have stayed there on previous visits and the good folk are right!Since the opening of the new Publix on the 27 and HL close proximity to the 192(5mins) its ideal. Try Carrabas or Geordanos at FormosaMall for great Italian food or TGI Fridays is on there and SUbway for tasty sarnies.Champions Gate as has been mentioned is 5mins away and you are 15 mins from WDW. Go for it and have a great holiday.

Wandsworth Wizard
18-03-2004, 17:41
Thanks for the information. It will depend on how we feel when arrive but I now have a very good of where to go.

mikegreg
19-03-2004, 01:29
We have a villa on hampton Lakes and we've stayed there before buying - it is a fabulous community. Just to add to Steph's comments (I think it was Steph) on Champions Gate there is a good Chinese take away/delivery/eat in and also a creperie (that doesn't look right - anyway it's a restaurant/takeaway crepes YUM YUM)

Jan Greg