PDA

View Full Version : Old Town attractions

Nostromo
16-03-2004, 22:35
I hava not been on many of the rides in old Town, but we are spending about 6 hours on a Saturday eneing this time. I want to try out a couple of rides, The SKY COASTER and the SLINGSHOT. Are they worth the extra money?

Claire M
16-03-2004, 23:01
Hi Nostromo

We went on the slingshot. OH MY GOD is all I have got to say. We have a fair come to our city every May, they bring with them the Sky Coaster and again OH MY GOD!!

It is worth spending the money just to say that you have been on them!

Claire

Nostromo
16-03-2004, 23:24
Thanks, Claire. In that case, we'll go on both. Also, I've vaguely heard talk of a "BUNGEE JUMP" in Old Town. Are people referring to the slingshot or is there another attraction?

Gillian-B
16-03-2004, 23:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
Thanks, Claire. In that case, we'll go on both. Also, I've vaguely heard talk of a "BUNGEE JUMP" in Old Town. Are people referring to the slingshot or is there another attraction?
[/quote]

The bungee jump could be the slingshot as I've heard this called a reverse bungee jump. Or, it could be referring to a static bungee jump platform that used to be at Old Town a few years ago. I had a go at the old bungee jump, but there's no way you'd get me on the two new rides!!!

Claire M
16-03-2004, 23:39
Nostromo

I can't think of anything else, but I haven't been since June last year so it may be new.

Claire

esprit
17-03-2004, 08:21
There is the mechanical rodeo bull also and a few fairground type rides. I have heard that the Haunted House is really svary. Dont forget the classic car cruise on a Saturday night also.
As to the Skucoaster and the Slingshot, aghhh. Well I know someone who has been on the skycoaster four times, but it looks terrifying to me. It is the way you have to release yourself. As for the Slingshot, well I have seen peoples faces on the video screen.
Which Saturday are you going and can I come and watch!!:)

Nostromo
17-03-2004, 11:35
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:
Which Saturday are you going and can I come and watch!!:)
[/quote]

8th May. I'm planning to send others in my group, starting with my sister-in-law first and follow myself only if they survive with all their wits and bits intact! [}:)][}:)]

steph_goodrum
17-03-2004, 12:51
"I'm planning to send others in my group, starting with my sister-in-law first and follow myself only if they survive with all their wits and bits intact"

I hope that doesn't include the seniors in your party (involuntarily)- I can see it now - come over here and have a rest for a moment.........:D:D:D

Gillian-B
17-03-2004, 13:54
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[i]Well I know someone who has been on the skycoaster four times, but it looks terrifying to me. It is the way you have to release yourself. [/quote]

One thing I've always wondered, is what if you get to the top and freeze [msnscared]? Can someone below release you or will they just lower you back to the ground?

Claire M
17-03-2004, 14:36
Nostromo

I would also try the Haunted House. I have known grown men to scream!!!![msneek]

Claire

Nostromo
17-03-2004, 15:01
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:
I hope that doesn't include the seniors in your party (involuntarily)- I can see it now - come over here and have a rest for a moment.........:D:D:D
[/quote]

No, no. I am very protective towards my in-laws (the seniors) and too scared of the wife to trick her into going! [msnscared][msnscared]. My sister-in-law is my favourite victim because she cannot resist a challenge and (as even she will admit herself) is bit of an airhead. (She once spent 5 minutes talking to a steward at Madame Taussaud's before realising that she was a wax model). As for her husband, he is way too calm to be scared of any ride and though he too can be persuaded to 'volunteer', his reaction is too cool to write home about.

Nostromo
17-03-2004, 15:44
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:One thing I've always wondered, is what if you get to the top and freeze [msnscared]? Can someone below release you or will they just lower you back to the ground?
[/quote]

I think anyone in the group of five(?) can do the release. Maybe they always have a staff 'mole' pretending to be a tourist coming up each time amd pressing the release button or whatever!