PDA

View Full Version : Why do I never ..........

Claire M
16-03-2004, 20:26
get asked for ID anymore? I am 28 years old and my husband is 38! Everytime we go to buy alchohol he gets asked for ID. I go and they just present me with the bill! I used to be Miss, now it's Mam. I must look my age now[msncry][msncry][msncry].

Claire

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
16-03-2004, 20:47
We have been getting asked for ID everywhere we go on this trip - it's very flattering and all that but also totally unnecessary as there is no way we look younger than 21.

chrizzy100
16-03-2004, 21:17
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
We have been getting asked for ID everywhere we go on this trip - it's very flattering and all that but also totally unnecessary as there is no way we look younger than 21.
[/quote]

You have to look under 35.....not 21.....and to be on the safe side they ask you well into your 40s.....

chrizzy100
16-03-2004, 21:18
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Claire M
get asked for ID anymore? I am 28 years old and my husband is 38! Everytime we go to buy alchohol he gets asked for ID. I go and they just present me with the bill! I used to be Miss, now it's Mam. I must look my age now[msncry][msncry][msncry].

Claire
[/quote]

I'll make you feel better by saying that..they ask men for id more then women because men lie about their age more to buy drinks......:D

Claire M
16-03-2004, 21:53
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have to look under 35.....not 21.....and to be on the safe side they ask you well into your 40s.....

That's not making me feel any better
[msnsad]

Matt
16-03-2004, 23:05
I hate it when people get on to this subject, I haven't been asked for ID for about the last 4 years now[msncry]

I'm sure I still look in my early 20's, in fact I'm quite possitive that I do:D:D

Matt

Gillian-B
17-03-2004, 03:20
I was asked at SeaWorld last year and the guy serving didn't quite understand why I said he'd just become my new best friend! I especially like it when I'm asked for ID because my other-half is slightly younger than me and he's never asked :D

Rhosyn
17-03-2004, 03:43
I don't mind anybody asking me for Id, have'nt been asked since I was 21 a llllloooonnnggg ttimmmeee aggo can't wait to go will feel young again[msnsmile][msnsmile][msnsmile]

annemarie
17-03-2004, 03:44
on the subject of alcohol - our group were discussing our nightly "refreshments" or "chill out time" drinks and wondered if we could get the likes of Baileys Irish Cream in the liquor stores or would we be better buying in duty free before we arrive?

chrizzy100
17-03-2004, 03:59
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by annemarie
on the subject of alcohol - our group were discussing our nightly "refreshments" or "chill out time" drinks and wondered if we could get the likes of Baileys Irish Cream in the liquor stores or would we be better buying in duty free before we arrive?

[/quote]

Yes you can...I have some down in my place.....:D:D:D

asbaum
17-03-2004, 08:17
Claire notes:

"I am 28 years old and my husband is 38! Everytime we go to buy alchohol he gets asked for ID"

That is because YOU look so young and he is with you! And, they don't want to embarass you and ask him as they assume he's paying, the gentleman that he is :-)

Claire M
17-03-2004, 13:29
Oh Arnie, you have really made my day[msnsmile].

Thanks

Claire

carolyne
17-03-2004, 13:36
Morning Claire

I hit the big 30 the week before we go to Florida (April). Its depressing enough for me so would actually feel good about getting asked for I.D.

How sad am I?[:I]

Claire M
17-03-2004, 13:40
Morning Carolyne

I know exactly what you mean![msnwink]

Claire

janny
17-03-2004, 13:50
Afew years ago we went down to St Petes as a trip out and did a boat trip .The compnay offered senior discounts and as John qualified he went proudly up to the office -passport in hand -to buy the tickets .He came back most disgusted because they didn't question that he was old enough to have the seniors discount;)

Bazamor
17-03-2004, 13:56
Last trip i took my eldest son who is 29 but to be fair looks about 18 so he handed over his pass port. They then called me over to verify it as they thought it might be forged ! He does look very young, i then joked but you never ask me for ID and he pointed to my grey hair. Hey! i said there might be snow on the roof but there is still a fire in the grate! Dont think he knew what a grate was![msnwink]

Harmony
17-03-2004, 18:48
Once when we went to a diner we were automaticly given senior rates without being asked. I wouldn't have minded but I was the youngest at only 51.:(

Jeff

Ana
17-03-2004, 19:16
My last visit was the first time I had not had to produce ID to get alcohol. That was a sad, sad day for me!