PDA

View Full Version : Charter Travel

jock
16-03-2004, 17:42
Hello, I spoke to charter travel about flights to Orlando from Glasgow, Scotland. They gave me the option for BA from Glasgow to London to Orlando. The flights are for May 2005 but havent been released yet. They said if we paid a deposit they would get the seats for us when they are released. I dont mean to offend anyone but are they reliable? Its our first time and don't want to lose money over the phone.

Can anyone help?

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
16-03-2004, 17:53
Yes - they are ok - we use them all the time ourself [msnsmile]

Claire
16-03-2004, 18:40
Yes, I use Charter Travel all the time and would recommend them. I have just booked to go in early December at a really good price (Virgin from LGW).

chrisj
16-03-2004, 19:09
Yes they are, we did the same. What they did for us was reserve us our seats, then
contacted me for a deposit. This is the first time we have used them, but going from
what others on here have said, they are very good

brizzle
16-03-2004, 22:09
We have flights booked through them for April and November. Very good and in both cases have been the cheapest for direct flights (and I did a *lot* of research).
They even booked our flights before they were released for November. I think it was last August we booked the flights and Virgin wouldn't have released them until December. They get a certain amount of pre-release seats.

I would have no qualms about using them (unless of course in April I get to check-in and they say Mr Who? ;))

Brizzle

thumpertwinkle
16-03-2004, 22:14
I have just paid a deposit for flights in October 2005, they said sometimes Virgin contact them before the 11 month release date, maybe as early as June this year and verify the seats for Charters advanced booking list.

I hope this happens, has it happened to anyone else?

chrisj
17-03-2004, 01:18
That happened with us, the Seats were released to Charter weeks before they were availble from
Virgin themselves

Essexgirl
17-03-2004, 22:00
Hi Jock

We are in the same position as you. We've booked a villa for May 2005 and have just paid a deposit to Charter Travel to get us on a Virgin flight from Gatwick to Orlando.

I can't say I've seen any negative feedback on them and most people on this site seem to recommend them. They were really helpful and we got the booking details in the post today.

Andy & Arlene
17-03-2004, 22:51
Although this is not a negative post about them, I found that we could not get the flights we wanted with them. They seem to use Virgin a lot and therefore have good deals. However, Virgin only fly from Manchester and London and have no tie in with any other airline in the UK for domestic flights. Since we are up in Aberdeen, we are restricted to who we can fly with from here. Our choices are mainly BA and KLM. When we booked thru Charter for last year, we could not get any BA flights, even though we booked 11 months in advance.

I think the problem is, BA is not one of their preffered partners, and when this is the case with travel agents, you find you are always steered towards other airlines who offer a better/bigger discount to the travel agents.

For those who live near the airports where Virgin travel from, then Charter do offer good deals. I only wish we got them up here too.[msnsad]

Geodan
17-03-2004, 23:12
Does anybody have the URL for Charter Travel?
It would be nice to have a selection of charter and schedule flight carriers.

Thanks in advance

Keith...

Rhosyn
17-03-2004, 23:13
Has anyone got charter travel website have tried but cannot find it.

Thank you Beryl.

Bazamor
17-03-2004, 23:46
Try this but there is no site just info and phone no.http://www.chartertravel.co.uk/[msntongue]

Geodan
17-03-2004, 23:54
Thanks for that info Bazamor. I see what you mean about it not really being a proper website.

I shall give them a call and see what prices you can get with Virgin next year.

I noticed nobody gave any idea of what prices they've managed to get
for their flights next year, is this a taboo subject?

Rhosyn
18-03-2004, 20:59
Thanks Bazamor will let you know how I got on, have just e-mailed them
Beryl[:p][:p]

thumpertwinkle
19-03-2004, 11:41
Beryl I was advised to phone as they don't seem to respond very quickly to e-mails, they are really helpful and freindly on the phone, i think its best to phone anyway as they explain hiw it works ect.

langley
19-03-2004, 14:05
Hi

Probably a bit late, but I will have to agree with what people have said about Charter Travel, we too have pre-released deats in Feb. 2005 and they were very helpful.

Carol & Rob

19-03-2004, 15:20
I have just telephoned them re July/August 2005 and someone is going to call back so watch this space!

Julie R

19-03-2004, 20:44
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Julie R
I have just telephoned them re July/August 2005 and someone is going to call back so watch this space!

Julie R
[/quote]

Still waiting for that call...........not impressed so far..................

Julie R:(

blott
19-03-2004, 22:10
If it's anything like when I rang, you'll be waiting a long time - that was in spring 2003 and I never did get called!

chrisj
19-03-2004, 23:41
When I booked with them, the line was always busy, but eventually got through, they did ring
me back when they said they would. So far no problems with them, but will let you know if we
do have

20-03-2004, 04:21
Well if they don't phone tomorrow they have blown it!

They were totally unprofessional when I telephoned earlier today and I felt uncomfortable then so the lack of return call does not surprise me!

Julie R

Rhosyn
20-03-2004, 16:17
Julie
do I take it you are not impressed, same here phoned got through in the end, phoning me back ssssssttttttiiiiilll.......waiting 24hours later, must be still building the plane.

20-03-2004, 16:58
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Beryl
Julie
do I take it you are not impressed, same here phoned got through in the end, phoning me back ssssssttttttiiiiilll.......waiting 24hours later, must be still building the plane.
[/quote]

Beryl,

Nope, not impressed.

When this happens I am always loathed to give them my business to be honest.

Still waiting for that return call...................................

Julie R

Rhosyn
20-03-2004, 17:45
still waiting as well, might be a long long wait, maybe there still learning how to dial[msnsad][msnsad]

20-03-2004, 21:42
Got my call!!!

Thank you Jenny and thank you for the apology!

Beryl, they are trying to contact you!

Julie R

Rhosyn
21-03-2004, 11:31
very kindly they have got hold of me thany you Jenny will contact today. have also had reply to my e-mail with prices very cheap I may add. :):):)

Geodan
21-03-2004, 14:57
Beryl,
When you say the prices were very cheap,what do you call cheap?

I hope you don't mind my asking,only people are talking about Charter travel,but not mentioning pricesl. I thought i'd stumbled across a secret organisation or something.

Keith....

Pluto
21-03-2004, 15:12
Keith (GEODAN)

I have PM'd you.

Rhosyn
21-03-2004, 16:01
Geodan have pm you

cooky
21-03-2004, 22:30
I have found them very busy but well worth the waiting time as I have never found a better price and they are very competitive and friendly.[:I][msnsmile]

kay9jess
23-03-2004, 11:26
the problem with all these preallocation company`s is you don`t know what there allocation is and how many they many they have on there preallocation list.there is nothing to stop them taking 100 preallocations with only 30 allocated seats from the airline.this happened to me for oct 04 with a company called jetlife.they would not tell me how mant seats they were given or how many had been on the list,i had paid £50 pp 10 months before,told all the seats had gone and left me trying to find 10 seats....no good...[msnmad]

Andy & Arlene
23-03-2004, 22:19
You are right Kay. That does happen and if there is a large amount in your party, then by the time you find out, it can be quite a nightmare trying to get something else for so many people. That happenend to us 2 years ago.

thumpertwinkle
24-03-2004, 12:03
Andy and Arlene did you book with Charter or another company two years ago?

I have booked with Charter and I am told that if they can't get the seats you are told in time to look when the flight companys put the seats on sale, 11 months before i believe, so i am hoping it isn't going to be a problem[msnscared]

Also, i havn't read any report on this site of people being let down by them.

[msnsmile]

Andy & Arlene
25-03-2004, 02:08
Yes it was Charter. When we originally booked, the flight times were great. However, when we didn't get them, we had to try another airline. By this time all that was left was KLM. The flight times weren't ideal and it cost us more. But we had no choice, so had to take them.

orlandobabe
25-03-2004, 02:11
Well I asked them for specific dates and just got a general reply with a load of dates and prices-none of which were from Newcastle-even though I know there is a Monarch flight going out from there each Saturday.

Anyway with a bit of digging around a local travel company got us a great deal-we've had to put our holiday back by a week though

£339 per adult on the Monarch flight from Newcastle. So-heave a big sigh of relief-we're booked!

Their Man flight was £369-then there would have been a 2 and a half hour drive, petrol and an overnight stay and parking which would be £100 on top alone!