PDA

View Full Version : Pay Pal Spoof email

zolasfoot
16-03-2004, 14:27
Hi
There's a spoof email going around, that asks you to reconfirm your details.

When you click on the link it goes straight to the page were you enter your security details, Mothers maiden name etc.

DO NOT ENTER ANY DETAILS this looks like Pay Pal but is a spoof, This is a copy of Pay Pals Page.

You should anyways enter you log on details before you get to this page.

If you have received this email and entered any details, you will need to contact Pay Pal, because you have given all your log on details to a 3rd party also Notify any associated card issuers you have with your Pay Pal account.

Regards

Dave

porky
16-03-2004, 14:34
There's also one going round at the moment from Lloyds TSB and my daft son (22 years old) completed it. What a fool [:I] Thankfully he realised his mistake quite quickly, logged on, altered all his details then alerted the bank. His dad had a right old go at him about it and I don't think he'll do anything so stupid again for a long time (I hope):D

Jacqui

fiona
16-03-2004, 15:20
This is quite a good one, got it this am, and was just wondering about going to the page, when I noticed it was sent from service - nothing about paypal, although when you click on address it comes up as service@paypal.com. That was the only thing that made me think twice.:(