PDA

View Full Version : How much is enough...

titansfan
16-03-2004, 06:44
Planning a trip to Orlando for the first time in July. Will be there for a week with my wife and children, (ages 10 and 12). We have decided to visit the following parks: Universal Studios, IOA, Wet-n-Wild, and Sea World. Had thought about driving to Tampa for a day at Busch Gardens but I really think that those 4 venues will keep us very occupied for at least 6 days. (Gotta have one day for Golf) Would any of you that have experienced these parks care to comment.

Thanks[msncool]

Nostromo
16-03-2004, 10:46
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:I really think that those 4 venues will keep us very occupied for at least 6 days. (Gotta have one day for Golf)
Thanks[msncool]
[/quote]

I agree with that statement, especially with your Golf break. You need a day's rest at least (JULY!!!) and while Wet 'n' Wild can be a bit more relaxed than the big theme parks, it is still full of rides which the kids, given their ages, will want to have a go again & again. If I were you, I'd give Busch a miss in this schedule, unless you want to send rest of the family there on your golfing day.

IoA tends to be busy on Wednesdays and US on Thursdays. Likewise, SW & W'n'W get busier as the weekend approaches. I would suggest Universal on Monday, Sea World on Tuesday, Wet 'n' Wild on Wednesday, IoA on Thursday; by then all of you will be too tired to even think about Busch and you can all rest on Friday. You can keep Saurday for the Golf?

Ray&Sarah
16-03-2004, 12:39
Four parks in 7 days seems like more than enough to us, don't forget to shop for all those bargains and you need a bit of time to chill out. The parks you have chosen appeal to our lads (14 & 12) as they are a bit passed Disney. Have a lovely holiday.[msnsmile2]

DMC
16-03-2004, 14:15
Sounds like you'll have a fun packed busy time

In July it will be very hot and hard going doing all those parks, you'll need a day on the course to relax.

Don't forget you'll need time to shop as well and that's just as tiring as doing the parks.

Harmony
17-03-2004, 18:31
I assume this is not a "once in a life time" trip so I would play it by ear. Don't do more than you can do with enjoyment. and relax as an when you feel the need. The parks will still be there next time.

Our first trip was going to be our only trip so we tried to do everything. Towards the end we did not really enjoy to the fullest what we were doing as we were so tired. We went home feeling we needed another holiday to recover.

Now we are villa owners and regularly go we take our time, relax and do much more on the spur of the moment. We go home refreshed after a fantastic time and our only regret that we did not have more time there.

Enjoy your holiday.

Jeff

chrisj
17-03-2004, 18:34
I think 4 park days are enough, its very tiring in the heat and to have some days with
nothing planned is good.

Ana
17-03-2004, 19:12
We always used to cram as many parks in as possible, but the more we go the more we're starting to appreciate the simpler things. When we were last out we had a lot of time just wandering. We ended having an ice cream on the lake front in Celebration. Until then I hadn't realised how lovely Celebration is!

(Having said that we are also out in July for 3 weeks, we have a total of 3 rest days as some of our group have never been before)

chrisj
17-03-2004, 19:14
Were going for 3 weeks in July as well, We are trying to plan in a few days of 'Nothing
planned' where we can just wander around and see what turns up

wrpac00
18-03-2004, 01:36
You'll need another holiday after doing 4 parks in a week, good excuse to go back again another though.

Paul

pbensur
18-03-2004, 03:45
I agree that 4 parks in a week are enough (though we absolutely love Busch Gardens!!). Once you've been to the Orlando area, you'll know that you absolutely have to go back - there's just so much there! Do put Busch Gardens on the agenda for next time, though!

Titans fan, huh?? Hmmmmm - that doesn't sit too well with this Steelers fanatic!!;):D