PDA

View Full Version : Cumbrian Lakes

Joolz
15-03-2004, 15:15
<span style=&#39;font-family:Comic Sans MS&#39;>Has anyone stayed or owned in Cumbrian Lakes?? what is it like? Still trying to make shorter shortlist for hols in Dec.....</span id=&#39;Comic Sans MS&#39;>

LesleyB
15-03-2004, 18:29
We stayed at Cumbrian Lakes in October 03. We really enjoyed the community and it was very easy to get to the theme parks from there. Walmart very close also. There was a lot of building work going on at the time, but this did not directly affect the home where we stayed as the work was at the front of the property. Community has locked gates to entrance with keypad entry system.

Lesley

Y
15-03-2004, 19:54
We are staying at a villa on Cumbrian Lakes for the Easter school holidays so I can give you more information when we get back if it's not too late.
I asked about Cumbrian Lakes a few months ago and didn't get much response so maybe there aren't many owners from there on the forum.

Joolz
16-03-2004, 04:52
Thanks
It sound nice from descriptions Iv'e read it was featured on an ITV prog back in 2003 " I want that house".
Well hopefully [msnscared][msnscared][msnscared] we will get there for xmas

fiona
16-03-2004, 05:05
We went and had a look round the community at Christmas with a view to perhaps buying. We liked it very much, nice and small, but decided it was better to buy a resale than new, so no building going on. In the end DH fell in love with a house out in Howey-in-the-Hills, but I have made him sit on his hands, so we are sticking with the one we have!

Andrea
27-03-2004, 13:26
I have a house at Cumbrian Lakes and tomorrow I will be in it!

It is a lovely community and as has been said before it is very handy for the parks and a huge Wal-Mart is literally only a 5 minute drive. We also love how close it is to a huge selection of restaurants.

There is still some building going on but it has now moved away from our house. Don't be put off by the building work as it is done in phases so a lot of the houses that are there now are completely unaffected.

It has been so popular with villa buyers that it is virtually sold out now.

Andrea:)

Y
26-04-2004, 19:09
Joolz
We are now home from Cumbrian Lakes and found it a very nice well laid out community.
As Andrea said there is a lot of building going on so you may need to check out exactly which plot number you are planning to stay on.
Lots of the villas are well out of the way of the building work.
Hope you find a villa you like.