PDA

View Full Version : Lake Marion?

Mal
15-03-2004, 00:28
Hi everyone. My wife and I are looking for a place. Not really to rent out but if someone wants to then they could make it to the parks etc. We were speaking to someone today who recommended Lake Marion as we could save ourselves some money buying further afield. Has anyone any knowledge of this area and what it has to offer?
I found it on a map and it does not appear the easiest place in the world to get in and out of.
Any thoughts would be most welcome especially if you know the area. Kind regards, Mal

imported_n/a
15-03-2004, 02:55
Lake Marion is miles out from Disney. I would say 45 to 50 minutes. They have been trying to sell this place for ages. Europeans have not bee n buying there so they turned the marketing efforst towards Isreal with quite a bit of success. I was offered the management of the villas but turned it down. Nice place but too far out, if its for yourselves and you like golf and fishing then consider it.

Martin

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mal
Hi everyone. My wife and I are looking for a place. Not really to rent out but if someone wants to then they could make it to the parks etc. We were speaking to someone today who recommended Lake Marion as we could save ourselves some money buying further afield. Has anyone any knowledge of this area and what it has to offer?
I found it on a map and it does not appear the easiest place in the world to get in and out of.
Any thoughts would be most welcome especially if you know the area. Kind regards, Mal
[/quote]

esprit
15-03-2004, 08:27
I didnt know it was STR zoned, Martin?? Well it is pretty deep into Polk, Mal. Not far from Cypress Gardens which is supposedly re-opening. If you are intening to use it predominantly yourself, I wouldnt think the distance would matter that much as you wont be going to Disney every day and it is a pretty place and as you say cheaper. If you are intending to rent commercially, I think the 45 min drive might put people off. I think Southern Dunes is about on the south western limit.

Mal
15-03-2004, 21:50
Thanks folks. We are going to make a trip out in May and have a look round. We will have a drive down to that area and hopefully find others to look at while we are there.
Thanks again
Mal