PDA

View Full Version : Birthday ideas

Essexgirl
14-03-2004, 02:36
Since I found this site a couple of month's ago I'm now completely hooked and we've booked a villa for our holiday in May 2005.:D

I know how helpful everyone is and I was wondering what people's suggestions would be on celebrating our son's 6th birthday whilst we are on holiday next year. If anyone has any recommendations it would be greatly appreciated.

14-03-2004, 12:12
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Essexgirl
Since I found this site a couple of month's ago I'm now completely hooked and we've booked a villa for our holiday in May 2005.:D

I know how helpful everyone is and I was wondering what people's suggestions would be on celebrating our son's 6th birthday whilst we are on holiday next year. If anyone has any recommendations it would be greatly appreciated.
[/quote]

I think you will have lots of ideas posted, what better place for a birthday!

How about breakfast with Disney characters or if you fancy a treat for all the family a hot air balloon ride! Fireworks at Epcot in the evening - if not to tired mine little ones always struggle to stay awake for this.

The choices will be endless!

Julie R

sarahjk
14-03-2004, 15:19
Hi

Does he like Nickelodeon we decided to save going there the year our little girl turned 7 for the day she actually turned 7 it isnt that great for the grown ups Im afraid but she loved it seeing the behind the scenes and then sitting in on the grunge show they sit the grown ups on one side and all the kids on the other side and then a couple of kids get called down to take part you could finish the day with a meal and ask them for a birthday cake not sure if they all do this but you could phone round some of the local ones and ask take him toy shopping on the day to pick his own presents we do this for ours if we are there for an event and they both love being able to pick their presents

Hope it give you some ideas although as Julie said the skys the limit in Orlando anyway

Sarah

millie
14-03-2004, 20:41
If you go to City Hall in the Magic Kingdom he can get a speial birthday badge to wear - lots of special attention from cast members and characters!!! If not there on the actual day bend the truth - its worth it!

Essexgirl
14-03-2004, 23:34
Thanks very much for the suggestions so far. As you say, the sky's the limit and I expect anything we do will make his birthday extra special. It will certainly not be like any other he's ever had!

Nostromo
15-03-2004, 10:32
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Essexgirl
Thanks very much for the suggestions so far. As you say, the sky's the limit and I expect anything we do will make his birthday extra special. It will certainly not be like any other he's ever had!
[/quote]

In that case, how about a day in Discovery Cove, the dolphin swim included?

Essexgirl
15-03-2004, 22:14
I like that idea!

Do you have to be able to swim (I guess they give you have a buoyancy aid) to swim with the dolphins at Discovery Cove?

I've seen some photos posted on this site and I think Sam would love it. In fact I think mummy would love it too! I'd better start being nice to the husband!

[msnwink]

blott
15-03-2004, 22:39
You'll have to go either on his birthday or afterwards as 6 is the minimum age to do the dolphin swim.

If you check out their website at http://www.discoverycove.com you'll see that they do some special birthday and other celebration packages, the cheapest being $74.95 (+ tax) which is additional to park fees.