PDA

View Full Version : drop off point

Trina
13-03-2004, 21:03
Hi

Can anyone tell me if there is a pick up/drop off point outside IOA. We intend to leave the teens while we go and deal with some boring business.

We will be in contact by mobile but there are thousands of people going backwards and forwards to those huge car parks. I can remember
approaching Uni/Ioa by going dowm a hill then the area opened out for the scramble to the ticket booths and then directed in a line off into the multi-storys.

Many thanks

Trina

blott
13-03-2004, 21:27
There's a drop off/pick up point outside the main Universal car parks on the ground level. You'd need to ask the car park staff on the pay booths how to get there.

Nothing to stop you paying your car parking fee, driving into the multi story car parks, dropping them off and then driving out again. Keep the car park ticket and you can get back in again and park up and then meet up somewhere on City Walk.

kevinprewett
14-03-2004, 00:00
Hi,
Blotts idea is best - we did it last year -it's easy:D

fiona
14-03-2004, 00:42
Instead of going in where the ticket booths are keep going and it is next turing on right - I am sure it is signposted drop off zone. Buses / coaches and cars all in there, sometimes at speed so be cautious when coming out!

We dropped and collected our teenage gals all the time there - no probs.

Trina
14-03-2004, 05:06
Thanks everyone for your replies.

At the moment Blotts suggestion of going in, keeping the parking ticket and then meeting up at City Walk later seems to be favourite (why did,nt we think of that!!)with making sure the teens know where the drop off point is as back up.

Will they need to carry ID and are there any age restrictions? They are 15 and 18.

Trina

fiona
14-03-2004, 05:46
Same age as ours then. Might be useful for them to carry ID in case of problems (you can always tell a mother can't you!) - parts of Citywalk will be off limits to them, we usually arrange to meet in the queue for Jimmy Buffets!

Trina
14-03-2004, 16:23
Thanks Fiona

As you well know its our job as mums to worry!! Think I have covered everything now. Four weeks today and were off!!

Many thanks

Trina[msnsmile2]

Trina
14-03-2004, 16:29
Hi Fiona

Just had a look at your villa website and have sent you a PM.

Trina

dj_padd
10-08-2005, 01:46
There is a special drop off zone with the bus/coach park area and it has lifts/ stairs right up to the walk way from the car parks to city walk, very easy to use and free