PDA

View Full Version : Dinosaur ride to undergo refurbishment

Nostromo
13-03-2004, 00:30
I just discovered from the Disney calendar that the great DINOSAUR! ride is going to be closed from 19th April to 1st June for refurbishment. We're scheduled to arrive in Orlando on 22nd and so we will miss this long anticipated ride.[msncry][msncry][msnmad][msnmad]

Is there a chance that Disney might reschedule their work and so close this ride a bit later? Or are these announcements written on stone?[?][?]

kaysvacationvilla
13-03-2004, 01:07
I will be there then too![msnembarrased] I sat out last time with my then 4 year old and this year I planned to go on the Dinosour Ride as the rest of the family really enjoyed it.

Kay

blott
13-03-2004, 02:54
Unfortunately, they normally start on time but sometimes don't end on time!

Nostromo
13-03-2004, 22:20
This is unfortunate, really. I had got my 9 year old niece all excited about a new 'Dinosaur' ride and she will now be disappointed. I suppose IoA's Jurassic Park River Adventure can more than make up for it?

caroline
13-03-2004, 23:03
IoA's ride is very good (and quite wet!) but isn't comparable to Dinosaur:( - I'm glad you posted this as we are in Florida from the 10th April so we'll make sure we get to AK at the beginning of our stay and not leave it until the end as Dinosaur is one of my fave's:)

Nostromo
13-03-2004, 23:14
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote: I'm glad you posted this as we are in Florida from the 10th April so we'll make sure we get to AK at the beginning of our stay and not leave it until the end as Dinosaur is one of my fave's:)
[/quote]

You owe me a drink, then.:):) Lucky yourselves!

caroline
14-03-2004, 04:13
I guess I do:D;):D

Nostromo
04-04-2004, 12:36
There has been a rescheduling of the closure and this will now happen only on April 24th. We arrive in Orlando on the 22nd and were scheduled to go to MK on the 23rd, but will now go to AK instead and hope to catch the Dinosaur ride!

caroline
04-04-2004, 13:38
Thanks again Nostromo - we leave Florida on the 24th so perfect timing for us:D

Colin
04-04-2004, 14:01
Could someone please tell me where the 'disney calendar' can be found.

Thanks

Colin

Nostromo
04-04-2004, 21:58
Go to the WDW official website. Somewhere on the left side of the page, there will be a link called 'calendar'; it defaults to MK at the current month, but both the park and month have drop down menus. Benaeth the calendar itself, will be a short list of closures, if any.

MTP
22-08-2004, 05:17
We did the Dinosaur ride for the first time at the last visit, and both Mrs MTP and I really enjoyed it. We had to do the child switch the second time we rode it and directly after the preshow Mrs MTP went right to go down to ride the ride and I was directed to the left out a set of doors with the kids. This leads in to the post ride shop area just about where the video screens showing the ride photos are, and where the dinosaur mural is. I was to come back through these doors when my wife had finished the ride (if you walk in to the shop the are on the right after the dinosaur mural).

After Mrs MTP rode the ride we went for lunch and I came back straight to the doors and into the corridor after the ride - missing any queue. The crew were different and I was a little nervous, but they just waved me through. When I got down to the vehicle loading area I was the only perosn there! The CM asked me if I wanted to ride alone or wait till more guests arrived, I said I would ride alone. I had previously done this ride and it wasn't really very terrifying. I climbed aboard and as I was about to set off she said to be careful as the ride is scarier on your own ... oh how I chortled. I went through the laser bit where you are "sent back in time" and then the ride begun. BOY WAS I SCARED!!! It is a very different beast on your own, when you are not aware of the other people in your car screaming and jumping at every noise. It was fantastic, but completely terrifying - and I knew what to expect!

One of the highlights of the trip was finding this ride as both Mrs MTP and I enjoyed it, but a definite highlight was enjoying it on my own. If you get a chance try to sneak through these doors and do it.