PDA

View Full Version : Swimming Pool maintenance

Nostromo
12-03-2004, 17:29
What is the ususal method for most US27-US192 area villas to maintain the swimming pool? I mean, when one group of guests leave and another comes in the same day, surely the pool water need to be changed? Also, if we are staying there for some time, the water needs to be regularly recycled. Is there an automatic built-in filtering system for most pools or some other way?

caroline
12-03-2004, 17:35
Swimming pools are usually cleaned and the chemicals adjusted weekly.
The water is filtered for several hours every day.

Nostromo
12-03-2004, 19:45
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caroline
Swimming pools are usually cleaned and the chemicals adjusted weekly.
The water is filtered for several hours every day.

[/quote]

Thank you Caroline.

Ray&Sarah
12-03-2004, 20:42
Can you imagine what a public swimming pool is like! All those children swimming, and doing other things. So the system of using Chemicals to maintain a safe environment is the only way to operate. You couldn't change the water at your local city swimming pool everyday. Obviously, it does mean that the pool needs to be maintained and the chemical balance kept at the right levels, otherwise your guests will come in to a green pool.

steph_goodrum
12-03-2004, 21:07
Although you may not see them during your visit all pools are checked by the pool maintenance man on a weekly basis to ensure the balance of chemicals is right, and the filter and pump are working correctly. Some (like ours) have an inbuilt cleaning system so at some time during the day you will see heads pop up on the bottom of the pool to circulate the water and , these run in sequence to push any dirt that may have been washed off the screen towards the filters.

Nostromo
12-03-2004, 21:22
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
Some (like ours) have an inbuilt cleaning system so at some time during the day you will see heads pop up on the bottom of the pool to circulate the water and , these run in sequence to push any dirt that may have been washed off the screen towards the filters.
[/quote]

Er, do you really mean HEADS pop up in the swimming pool? Sounds like an Agatha Christie movie! What do I do with these heads? :D:D

steph_goodrum
12-03-2004, 23:22
"Er, do you really mean HEADS pop up in the swimming pool? Sounds like an Agatha Christie movie! What do I do with these heads? "

Tread carefully in case they bite.:D:D We could maybe start a new folklore that these were the heads of previous guests who didn't look after our place well, might frighten of a few new people though, so I think we'll forget that idea.:)

esprit
13-03-2004, 05:56
This is from my certified pool operator husband. You never change the water ( think of the water bill). If the pool has had heavy use and this seems to your poolman to be required, it can be shocked to get rid of chloramides and bacteria between lets. Usually the filtration system would deal with it though the pool filter does need cleaning regularly. Most poolmen call once a week. Terry likes to call twice. If your poolman is worth his salt, you should not have any problems.
Stand alone spas/hot tubs are a different kettle of fish and need much more care.

chrizzy100
13-03-2004, 06:57
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
Some (like ours) have an inbuilt cleaning system so at some time during the day you will see heads pop up on the bottom of the pool to circulate the water and , these run in sequence to push any dirt that may have been washed off the screen towards the filters.
[/quote]

Er, do you really mean HEADS pop up in the swimming pool? Sounds like an Agatha Christie movie! What do I do with these heads? :D:D
[/quote]

If I saw heads pop up from the bottom of any pool I'd die......LOL!

Its sounds a bit like a mass murder had gone on....[:o)][:o)]

Nostromo
13-03-2004, 11:59
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Usually the filtration system would deal with it though the pool filter does need cleaning regularly. Most poolmen call once a week. Terry likes to call twice. If your poolman is worth his salt, you should not have any problems.
[/quote]

Right. Do we have to do any manoevre to clean the pool filter or leave it all to Mr Poolman? Having never owned a swimming pool, I don't know about these things.

caroline
13-03-2004, 13:07
No you just swim in the pool :) - the pool guys will clean the filter when they call round to clean the pool etc

blott
13-03-2004, 16:02
As Caroline says Nostromo, all you've got to do is enjoy yourselves in the pool.

Guests should never touch any of the pool controls, not even if they think they know what they're doing, as these are very expensive pieces of kit! [:0] In the unlikely event that you have a problem with the pool, please call the management company who will take care of it for you.

Nostromo
13-03-2004, 19:46
OK people, thanks everyone.

Carla
13-03-2004, 20:47
Guests who DO touch the pool filter and pool/spa heater controls, end up at the bottom of Steph's pool!!
:D:D:D:D:D

Nostromo
13-03-2004, 22:03
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Carla
Guests who DO touch the pool filter and pool/spa heater controls, end up at the bottom of Steph's pool!!
:D:D:D:D:D
[/quote]

Yes, I've heard about the bobbing heads already. Brrrr!! [msneek][msneek]

steph_goodrum
13-03-2004, 23:54
"Guests who DO touch the pool filter and pool/spa heater controls, end up at the bottom of Steph's pool!!"

Carla
You forgot to add those who touch the air conditioning controls, go out and leave the front door unlocked, forget to set the alarm, tamper or try, by any other means,to disable the pool door alarm or any other such misdemeanour. BTW that's why there are enough "heads" to go round all the pools on Hampton Lakes.
:D:D:D:D

jad
19-03-2004, 01:31
hee hee hee - well given this is a villa guest area then I guess no one will be booking Steph's villa if they have seen this thread - less competition for others tee hee hee:D:D
Jackie

steph_goodrum
19-03-2004, 02:03
"hee hee hee - well given this is a villa guest area then I guess no one will be booking Steph's villa if they have seen this thread - less competition for others tee hee hee2

Jackie we don't look for repeat guests we just keep the ones we've got.
:D:D:D

chrizzy100
19-03-2004, 02:10
"hee hee hee - well given this is a villa guest area then I guess no one will be booking Steph's villa if they have seen this thread - less competition for others tee hee hee2

Jackie we don't look for repeat guests we just keep the ones we've got.
[/quote]

Or you just keep their heads anyway....hehehehehe

steph_goodrum
19-03-2004, 11:34
"Or you just keep their heads anyway....hehehehehe"

Just to reassure anyone looking in the "heads" are part of the self cleaning mechanism consisting of flat discs of approx 2-3" diameter built into the bottom of the pool which pop up in sequence to clean
the pool.

Hey what am I doing - talking myself out of a unique selling point here - people pay an absolute fortune to go to Universal Halloween Horror Nights to be scared witless - maybe I should be upping my rates for October as it includes this extra (and it's not even optional).

Nostromo
19-03-2004, 21:48
"Or you just keep their heads anyway....hehehehehe"

Hey what am I doing - talking myself out of a unique selling point here - people pay an absolute fortune to go to Universal Halloween Horror Nights to be scared witless - maybe I should be upping my rates for October as it includes this extra (and it's not even optional).

[/quote]

Right. You call call this unique attraction "The Popping Heads" or something like that. Those who fail to pay the entrance fees will be forced to join the 'performers':D:D

steph_goodrum
19-03-2004, 22:42
Sounds like a plan Nostromo we'll go with that.:D:D