PDA

View Full Version : discovery cove

tyson1212
11-03-2004, 17:20
i have paid for me and my daughter to go on the full package in d.c, is it worth the money and what else do u do apart from swim with the dolphins.

Gillian-B
11-03-2004, 17:59
DC is a really nice day out and apart from the dolphin swim, you can snorkel with stingrays and tropical fish, float around the "lazy river" (DC style - no rubber rings, just a bouyant life jacket and snorkel equipment), play around in the big heated pool or go and feed the birds and wildlife in the aviary. There are plenty on sun-loungers on the "beach" to sunbathe and lunch is included in the price.

The other main thing about DC is that you get 7 days admission into SeaWorld (or Busch Gardens) and that is well worth a couple of days to visit.

Have fun [msncool]

chris
11-03-2004, 22:53
According to my daughter (aged 13) it was the best day in her life so far.:DJust the 2 of us went and had a fantastic day though we absolutely froze.(It was unseasonally cold that day - back to mid 70s 2 days later) We arrived at 8am and got the first dolphin swim of the day and were one of the last to leave at 5.30.I got prescription goggles for free which was well worth it.
You also get the photo of when you walk in the park. There is a maximum of 5 guests per worker so you are treated like a queen for a day.

caz
12-03-2004, 03:17
We went to DC last August and it was fantastic. My daughter is crazy about dolphins so I took her and my niece (husband wasn't fussed). We got there for about 830 and left about 5. I don't know where the time went. We had a lunchtime dolphin swim, and although we didn't really sit down other than for lunch, it was one of the most relaxing days I've ever had in Florida.

Joolz
12-03-2004, 14:52
We are thinking of going at christmas 04 Has anyone been at Xmas? do you think itll be reeeeeeeeaaly cold??

Joolz
12-03-2004, 14:54
Oh I forgot to ask...What is the meal like that is included in the price?

DMC
12-03-2004, 15:34
The wife and I went to DC 2 years ago and have to say that we enjoyed every moment of it.

The staff are very attentive and it is very relaxed due to the restriction on the numbers allowed in each day.

The experiance is made all the better if the weather is warm, it is almost like being on a tropical island.

Apart from free admission to the other parks, included in the DC admission price is a free photo taken when you first get in the park.

If you have booked for the dolphin swim you are given a breifing etc.
Afterwards you have the chance to buy photos of you swimming with the dolphins, which are worth having.

You are also given a bag that has all your equipment for the day and you have the use of a locker to store your belongings in. There are also large tubs of sun cream ( which is fish friendly ) to use as much as you want.

The Lunch is included in the price and when we went it was the best Buffet Lunch that we had whilst in a Theme Park, plenty of selection and of a good quaility.

We spent the afternoon sitting on the "beach" / swimming with the stingrays and "floating" down the lazy river.

All in all a great day. :D

Ana
12-03-2004, 15:52
We have been to Discovery Cove at Christmas, and I don't remember being cold.

The food is great - no complaints from ANYONE in our group (which is unheard of!)

Although on the surface it seems a lot of money for one day, I'd consider it one of the best value days of the holiday.

In addition to the 7 inclusive seaworld days, you can pay a $30 upgrade and have 14 days at Seaworld and Busch Gardens.

chris
12-03-2004, 20:00
The main course of the lunch is really good. There is a choice of about 5 different ones. I had fajitas.You can have as much as you like of everything else. We had 5 desserts each. They varied in quality but we both found some things we liked. I took a photo of our dinner so will post it when I'm feeling better. (I've got a fever at the moment)

Herbie
20-03-2004, 03:40
Joolz

We went Xmas Eve 2003. It was a warm day but it rained during our dolphin swim which lowered the temperature of the water a bit , but it was still a fantastic day and the food was superb. The earlier you check in the earlier you get your dolphin swim.

Herbie

NickClark
20-03-2004, 22:31
Ive booked for my daughter (aged 11) to do the dolphin swim and the rest of the family to just have general admission to the park. Had to do this as I could only get one dolphin swim place for the time we are over there and she would be distraught if she does not get to do it. My question is will she be swept off from us or will we be able to stay together but obviously not participate in the dolphin swim. Does anyone know, please.Only 2 weeks to go now. :D[8D]:D

steph_goodrum
21-03-2004, 00:23
Nick
You can go to the briefing with her and stand right by the side of the water where she does her swim. We did this with our daughter. You can take photos and video it as well , I found the best place to take the video was up on the rocks to the left but obviously it will depend exactly where her group have their interaction.
How many others are in your group - usually you can only have 2 non swimmers per dolphin encounter is that still the same?

Ruth
21-03-2004, 02:03
We went to Discovery Cove on Christmas Day 2003. It was a little cold but with the wet suits provided we managed fine and in fact for us it was better than going on a day that was too hot;)If we ever go again (and I am 99% certain that we will), i would not hesitate at going at Christmas again:)