PDA

View Full Version : best place to grab a quick bite in EPCOT

TotallyAngelic
11-03-2004, 14:00
HI
Just wanted to pick the brains of all you frequent visitors. When we go to the theme parks we spend so much time bickering over where to grab a bite for lunch...with 4 kids it can be a nightmare. So this time I have decided to sort of pre-decide. So I was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations....basically, quick and cheap(ish).
Thanks such a lot.
I will also be posting the same question in the other parks so if anyone can help I will be so grateful....just think of the arguments you will have helped to eliminate!!! Sorry to be so repetitive but I am determined to learn from previous mistakes

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
11-03-2004, 14:14
We're probably not the right people to ask as we usually go for a proper meal in one of the restaurants in the World Showcase when we visit Epcot - Chefs De France is our favourite [msnsmile]

TotallyAngelic
11-03-2004, 14:20
Thanks.....we usually have our main meal in the evening, hopefully this trip we will be having it in the villa....I am so looking forward to having some really nice BBQs in the early evening before heading off to the parks for the fireworks/evening entertainment. I am really looking forward to playing at being a Floridian resident!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
11-03-2004, 14:26
Sounds great - that's one of the real benefits of staying in a private villa [msnsmile2]

Nostromo
11-03-2004, 19:39
We usually do Epcot on 2 separarte days and when we go to World Showcase, we do it ANTI-CLOCKWISE, starting from Canada and ending in Mexico. This works superbly. We can arrive to Morocco around lunchtime for (reserved) seating in Cafe Marrakesh; a light afternoon tea/snack at the Outpost between China and Germany and finally supper proper at the Cantina de San Angel outside the Mexico pavilion while watching the fireworks.

chrizzy100
11-03-2004, 20:56
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by TotallyAngelic
HI
Just wanted to pick the brains of all you frequent visitors. When we go to the theme parks we spend so much time bickering over where to grab a bite for lunch...with 4 kids it can be a nightmare. So this time I have decided to sort of pre-decide. So I was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations....basically, quick and cheap(ish).
Thanks such a lot.
I will also be posting the same question in the other parks so if anyone can help I will be so grateful....just think of the arguments you will have helped to eliminate!!! Sorry to be so repetitive but I am determined to learn from previous mistakes
[/quote]

I just love Mexico.....for mid day........then onto fish and chips in England for the evening......

chrizzy100
11-03-2004, 20:59
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by TotallyAngelic
Thanks.....we usually have our main meal in the evening, hopefully this trip we will be having it in the villa....I am so looking forward to having some really nice BBQs in the early evening before heading off to the parks for the fireworks/evening entertainment. I am really looking forward to playing at being a Floridian resident!
[/quote]

BBQs are great if the men cook.....I just don't like cooking while I'm away.......or at home if I'm honest.......hehehehehehehe
OK its not the cooking ...its the clearing up after....:(

caroline
12-03-2004, 02:45
There is a really good coffee shop with scrummy cakes and pastries at Epcot - we tend to skip breakfast and have 11's there - I can't remember the name but as you enter go round to the left towards test track and it's on the right - you can sit inside or outside on a kind of veranda.

TotallyAngelic
12-03-2004, 13:10
Coffee shop sounds great, I like anything which involves scrummy cakes...would avoid fish and chips though, reminds me too much of the UK. I can't believe how organised some of you are....please let it rub off on me!!!!

millie
12-03-2004, 20:05
I have heard the bakery in France does a mean cheese and ham croissant at a very reasonable price!

tinkerbell
12-03-2004, 20:13
The good coffee shop you mention is the Fountain View Cafe, and it really is great!

caroline
12-03-2004, 21:03
Thanks Tink:D

firsttimer
29-04-2004, 16:26
If you're desparate for fish and chips there's always Harry Ramsdens in the UK.
We also had Mexican which took about 5 or 10 mins to queue for.

bridget
03-05-2004, 02:24
I can't remember the name of it but the Japanese area in World Showcase does some lovely food and it's rather cheap too.

Agrees with Chrizzy. Who wants to be cooking and clearing up whilst on their hols?! :(

Kickstart
18-05-2004, 17:44
We took some rolls and brownies in a back pack, ice cream in the afternnon and then a meal in a full service restaurant at about 5pm before the rush - worked for us. I liked Chefs De France as well, the Tarte flamee was fantastic. We noticed lots of the Americans ordered 2 starters and then no main course, interesting.

Carla
18-05-2004, 20:17
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Kickstart
... We noticed lots of the Americans ordered 2 starters and then no main course, interesting.
[/quote]

We just order starters in a number of restaurants. The starters are always lovely and you can share them easily plus you get the chance to try several at one go!! None of the places we've been to have ever objected to this.

chrizzy100
18-05-2004, 20:34
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Carla
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Kickstart
... We noticed lots of the Americans ordered 2 starters and then no main course, interesting.
[/quote]

We just order starters in a number of restaurants. The starters are always lovely and you can share them easily plus you get the chance to try several at one go!! None of the places we've been to have ever objected to this.
[/quote]

We have starters ....if we find the starters are not that big...we then order a meal.......but most of the time we just move onto the afters.......:D

wilfy
18-05-2004, 22:18
There is a very nice cake shop at norway , which is a normal stop off for us.

CarolAnn
28-08-2004, 18:17
Another option when in Epcot looking for food, if in the WSC, exit via the International gateway between France and England, and you can pop on to the Broadwalk , there is ESPN and pizza bites, and a cakeshop and many more!! :)Then back to Epcot to continue your day[8D]

flyrr100
17-01-2005, 15:53
The Land at Epcot has some pretty good fast food places. There is a good BBQ sandwich shop in there. Also great big fat cakes!