PDA

View Full Version : beat place to grab a quick bite in MGM

TotallyAngelic
11-03-2004, 13:59
HI
Just wanted to pick the brains of all you frequent visitors. When we go to the theme parks we spend so much time bickering over where to grab a bite for lunch...with 4 kids it can be a nightmare. So this time I have decided to sort of pre-decide. So I was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations....basically, quick and cheap(ish).
Thanks such a lot.
I will also be posting the same question in the other parks so if anyone can help I will be so grateful....just think of the arguments you will have helped to eliminate!!!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
11-03-2004, 14:16
We usually go to the Commissary near New York Street as the tabouleh wraps and chinese food is lovely.

ujpest doza
30-03-2004, 21:31
We usually go to the place in between Indianna Jones and Star Wars, i think it is called the backlot cafe.

It is a big Hangar type place with loads of seats.

Sell burgers etc and has the salad bar.

jotter
31-03-2004, 02:18
UJPEST RU A NUFC FAN?

ujpest doza
01-04-2004, 21:20
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jotter
UJPEST RU A NUFC FAN?
[/quote]

The picture of Wyn Davies holding the Fairs Cup in my avator should give it away!

Magical Dreams
07-08-2004, 13:28
We have no fav place to eat in MGM, all are suitable when your kids have varied tastes.

Pizza Planet is good for Kids for a pizza snack

Or the open air kiosks near Rocking Roller Coaster!!

Really depends who you are with or what you fancy to eat!!

Big variety in all parks really!

Nostromo
07-08-2004, 13:46
I always thought that MGM came up a bit short gastronomically compared with the other Disney parks.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
07-08-2004, 14:24
Possibly not good for a "quick bite" but...

Another of our favourites is the Sci-Fi diner - fantastic re-creation of a drive in movie where the tables you sit at are in cars adn there is a big movie screen showing old favourites at the front. Make sure you reserve a table when you arrive at the park as it gets VERY booked up.

Another one we want to try is the Prime Time Cafe but we've never been able to get a table yet as it's always booked up.

KarenScott
07-08-2004, 15:28
We did Prime Time this year and throughly recommend it.
Food was good, entertainment value was best. Also liked the fact that it was bright, don't really like the artifical dark restaurants.[:I]

caroline
07-08-2004, 16:07
We've eaten at the Brown Derby in MGM - and can thoroughly recommend it, but you do need to book, and it's not really for a "quick" bite.

tinkerbell
09-08-2004, 19:52
I love the Backlot Cafe for ordering burgers/hotdogs and filling it with the toppings of your choice formt he immense salad bars!!

Only trouble is I also love the bailey's milkshake in the Sci-Fi diner, so tend to starve myself for a day then head there!

andrewmckay5
09-08-2004, 19:59
We find "The Unofficial Guide To Walt Disney World" very good and accurate for finding eating places in the Parks( and for much else aswell.) The 2005 edition has just been published and is on Amazon for £9-30.
andrew

alan360
10-08-2004, 02:47
I am with John here, the Sci-fi diner is a nice place to eat, never had a bad meal in there. If you want to eat at a certain time, we find it best to book, just go to one of the info/reservation booths in the park and they will do it for you.[msntongue]

CarolAnn
13-08-2004, 00:24
I am a sci-fi diner fan too:DHaven't ate there in a while, Pizza Plant and Backlot cafe do offer the quick bite, and we often use them[msnsmile][msnsmile2]