PDA

View Full Version : Strollers

brizzle
10-03-2004, 00:22
Apart from Walmart or Babies-R-Us does anyone know where to get a good stroller in the Orlando area?

I mean a decent 'keeper' as well, we did buy a 'disposable' one from Walmart last year for the ridiculous price of $13 when it became apparent that our 4 year old would need one. We would like to bring it home as our main stroller (damn even I call it a stroller now when I used to call it a pushchair!!!)

Oh and does anyone know if you can get multi-cultural toys anywhere as t'other half is taking up childminding and this is one of the regulations. The choice is quite limited in the UK.

Thanks,

Brizzle.

steph_goodrum
10-03-2004, 01:21
Brizzle
One of the best places to try is the Burlington Coat Factory www.burlingtoncoatfactory.com on OBT (I think I should have shares in the company the no of times I've recommended it to people now.:D
You should find plenty of dolls etc of ethnic origins over there in the toy shops. My daughter already had a couple, that she had chosen,so when I childminded I was Ok. Not sure what other multicultural toys you can get most are fairly universal.

sarahjk
10-03-2004, 02:15
Hi Brizzle

As for strollers I would say that Toys R Us or Walmart are best for the prices we got a great Graco a couple of years ago that cost about $50 and over here it would have been nearer to £100

As for toys of ethnic origin, I used to run a playgroup and you dont have to have loads of them just a few to give choice and ensure you are projecting equality we found the best place was from places like NESS which if your partner asks her local Early Years Advisor she can give her some advice and possibly catalogues for, ask at local schools and playgroups for their contacts as well, Little Tykes and Fisher Price used to do doll sets to go with their houses in two ethnic models Little Tykes also does a wheelchair accessory for their house which is a great idea, if I think of anything else I will let you know

Hope this helps a little

Sarah

ujpest doza
24-03-2004, 20:16
Try JC Pennys at the Florida mall.
My sister got a decent one from there for about £20.

Also try Carters and Osh K'osh, both have outlet shops Carters at Belz and Osh K'Osh on the 535.

brizzle
01-05-2004, 16:28
Went to Burlingtons Coat Factory last night and got a stroller for half the price of the UK. Thanks for tha advice.

Drove in the most horrendous thunderstorm. I had to stop several times in parking lots because I could not see with full lights and wipers. The lightning was also an added 'bonus'. Parts of the 535 were covered in deep water, thought I had taken the wrong turn and driven into one of the lakes at one point (no joke :() Not nice.

Looks like hot, humid and then late afternoon thunderstorms. Sounds like summer.

Brizzle