PDA

View Full Version : Baked Alaska!

Nostromo
09-03-2004, 21:08
I absolutely LOVE Baked Alaska for dessert. The best Baked Alaska that I have ever eaten was some obscure restaurant in the Rocky Mountains whose name I cannot even remember. Where would people say that one gets the best Baked Alaska in Orlando? I don't mind if the rest of the food is mediocre. (I'll just eat a salad and then wolf down a whole BA (or two) by myself)

imported_n/a
09-03-2004, 23:00
Nebver seen it on menua here but its very simple to make, I do agood myslef:D

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
I absolutely LOVE Baked Alaska for dessert. The best Baked Alaska that I have ever eaten was some obscure restaurant in the Rocky Mountains whose name I cannot even remember. Where would people say that one gets the best Baked Alaska in Orlando? I don't mind if the rest of the food is mediocre. (I'll just eat a salad and then wolf down a whole BA (or two) by myself)
[/quote]

Lizzie
10-03-2004, 02:13
Go on a cruise - the last night tends to have a "Baked Alaska Parade" - it's a bit naff, but they even have a low key "ba parade" on the QE2:)

Nostromo
10-03-2004, 13:49
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Lizzie
Go on a cruise - the last night tends to have a "Baked Alaska Parade" - it's a bit naff, but they even have a low key "ba parade" on the QE2:)
[/quote]

Thanks, but I don't think I an quite in the QE2 age group yet! Won't be for another 20 years (I Hope);)[msncool]

Lizzie
10-03-2004, 22:37
you know what they say about the QE2 "newlyweds and nearly deads!"
seriously though, there are plenty of cruise lines catering for all ages - Royal Caribbean make a big thing of a candle lit baked alaska parade:D

Nostromo
11-03-2004, 00:53
Thanks Lizzie. The nearest thing to a cruise that I'll be going in the forthcoming Orlando trip is the Saturday Night one in Old Town. Maybe after a drink or four I'll see the QE2 there!