PDA

View Full Version : Whats the most embarressing experience you've had?

jock
09-03-2004, 18:39
Mines is probably just about drowning at Typhoon Lagoon in the wave pool!

Had to be hauled up by a couple next to me. haha, it wasnt even thta deep.[msnembarrased]

esprit
09-03-2004, 19:41
Typhoon Lagoon may not be that deep but it is scary. The waves do go right over your head and I can understand the drowning bit. I wont go in it unless I am clinging onto my husband.
Mine was not in Florida but many years ago when learning to ski. I went down the slope, couldnt stop at the bottom, went straight over a small wall leading to a mountain restaurant and came to rest sprawling over someones dinner table. Beat that one!!!

Nostromo
09-03-2004, 19:41
MIne is walking into the wrong room at the late Dixie Landings Resort in 1995. The door was ajar and I was still a bit tired after the long flight. I did not realise that I had one more corner to turn before our room.

chrizzy100
09-03-2004, 21:00
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by esprit
Typhoon Lagoon may not be that deep but it is scary. The waves do go right over your head and I can understand the drowning bit. I wont go in it unless I am clinging onto my husband.
Mine was not in Florida but many years ago when learning to ski. I went down the slope, couldnt stop at the bottom, went straight over a small wall leading to a mountain restaurant and came to rest sprawling over someones dinner table. Beat that one!!!

[/quote]

Did hubby take pictures.....and can we see........[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

esprit
10-03-2004, 06:05
This was about twenty five years ago in the age before cameras, Chrizzy!!!!

Kevin8304
10-03-2004, 20:53
My most embarassing Florida moment would have to be the time I visited "Old Town". It was a ride called "The Haunted Grimm House" and I was absolutely terrified! So were my brother and my mum's friend (They went on the ride with me). I don't think we would have been so scared to go in if it wern't for the very scary woman at the door and the also very scary man with tattoo's etc. It took us about 5 minutes to actually enter the house- And the house was the scariest moments of my life I think. But I was so embarassed when I ran out screaming. My mum, dad and my dad's friend then experienced it the next night- They didn't think it was scary at all. This made it even more embarassing!!!

P.s. Have any of you ever been to The Haunted Grimm House? And do you remember the woman and man?

LesleyB
10-03-2004, 23:07
Mine was our first trip to Florida when we visited Angel's Diner for lobster and crab and I mistook the bowl to put the lobster shells in for the salad bowl(with a bit of prompting from my husband)[:I][:I][:I]. I still go red thinking about the waitress's comments to me.

Lesley

benfilo
11-03-2004, 22:17
when my son was 18 months old we went for a meal in sizzlers for afters I got him some sponge and custard, at this point he started screaming(making us the the center of attention) After a checking I found I'd given him Chile cake and cheese sauce,hasn't trusted me to this day

chris
11-03-2004, 23:05
My worst Florida moment was a few weeks ago. We hired canoes on Weeki Watchi river (absolutely beautiful place). It takes 3 hours to get downstream. I developed upset tummy half way through and there are no restrooms[msnoo][msnembarrased]
A wonderful man came out of his house which borders the river at just the right moment and let me into his house. I felt soooo embarrased

phaedra
11-03-2004, 23:53
You didn't take his name & address did you Chris?

My kids were wanting to try the canoes on our next visit, as I've got IBS I was wondering what I would do if I had the same problem! [:0]

orlandobabe
12-03-2004, 17:17
Well mine just had to be last week at Orlando airport.

I ususally take my money over in dollars and then what I don't spend is transferred to the bank.

Being a wheelchair user I have to have the pat down.

I'm going red just thinking of this.

So the woman gets to my stomach area and asks what's this.

I said it's 'my purse'. Course that's a handbag in american terms.

She of course questions me 'your purse?'

So I have to explain that I put my purse in my trousers for safety when coming through the security-in case my bag gets stolen.

So-I'm hauled off to a private room-with another female officer in tow-and I have to show them my purse.

Well-because of the good exchange rate-everyone has been buying dollars-and there were no hundreds left.

I didn't have one purse but two-with over $4000 mostly in $5, $10, and $20's-so these purses are nearly three inches thick!

Then I had to flick through the notes to show them that there was nothing hidden inside-it was excruciating torture.

They were very nice about it-but I felt so daft!

Bamboo Benny
14-03-2004, 11:24
Mine happenend in Miami. I filled my tank up with petrol...sorry..gas !...and it kept clicking and not taking the fuel. So I went in for help having put only .43 cents worth in my tank. I say to the lady at the cash desk "charge my card for £15 and once youve helped me fill up I will be on my way". "OK" she says. So what does she do, she charges my card .43 cents. Someone helps me and I fill up and shoot off. 2 mins down the highway I get Whhhhooooo...whooooo.whoo....etc and a police car pulls me over. Loud hailer "Get out of the car and let me see your hands". So I have to do as the officer says before getting frisked almost at gunpoint. I explained the situation and she was good about it. We went back and paid. I had to change my trousers I can tell you !!! I still have the receipt !! To cap it all I almost got ram raided 30 mins further down the road...but thats another story !

mr flibble
15-03-2004, 15:32
Isn`t great when
something happens to your friends and not to you
but you witness all the embarrisment:D
It puts you straight into "SMUG MODE"
For example
1.When your friend dials 911 from his hotel room
when trying to phone the u.k.five minutes later the sherrif
arrives and you answer the door in amazment.
or
2.When his wife says in a loud voice I don`t like this dip much
as she dips her chicken wing into the chinese tea !!
or
3.When your wife`s friend at another restaurant helps herself to the
mayo not realising it is someone elses tray
or
4.When your friend`s wife and daughter run screaming down the main
road of universal studios on "Haloween horror night"
that`s what friendship is all about[msnwink] well ours has lasted forty years so far.
[msneek]But you never know what`s around the corner waiting for YOU !!!
Ian:)