PDA

View Full Version : downtown disney

tyson1212
09-03-2004, 01:38
is it anygood, could i take my children in the evening. which is the best place to eat with kids

Gillian-B
09-03-2004, 02:08
Downtown Disney is great fun and has a lovely atmosphere in the evening. Your children will love the huge Disney store there and the Lego shop[msnsmile]. The only place I've eaten there is Planet Hollywood and it was a really nice meal (especially the white chocolate bread pudding!) and not as pricey as in the UK.

sunshine state
09-03-2004, 03:24
Yeah, Downtown Disney is a great place with a great atmosphere in the evening and like Gillian said the disney store which is really big, im sure the children will love it there.

Mike

caroline
09-03-2004, 03:56
You've slso got the Rainforest Cafe, Portobello Yacht Club amongst many others - lots of shops - including a really good sunglasses shop (sorry I can't remember the name!)

sian
09-03-2004, 04:24
I'd agree. Downtown Disney is well worth an evening trip. My kids love eating at Planet Hollywood and feel deprived if we don't go! The magic tricks shop is usually good fun too.

Ana
09-03-2004, 14:12
That magic shop is a bit too good. My husband just spent $75 on card tricks cos he saw himself as the new Paul daniels!

Ana
09-03-2004, 14:13
Has anyone tried the Crab House?

CarolAnn
28-08-2004, 18:24
I love Downtown Disney especially the shopping area and its great for the kids!!![msnwink]

heathercobbett
28-08-2004, 21:00
We went to Planet Hollywood with a party,spent an absolute fortune on food and merchandise and then they wanted to charge the children $10 for a paper menu!

Nostromo
28-08-2004, 21:11
DD is a great place to go for the odd day (and night). The only problem we had was the awful [xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(] experience at Bongo's Cuban Cafe. Otherwise, there is plenty to see and do.

Tracey K
29-08-2004, 21:29
We love downtown Disney - it is a nice place just to wander round and soak up the atmosphere - especially early evening.

If you asked my daughter to recommend somewhere to eat though she would tell you Macdonalds[msnsad]

Ann-Marie
30-08-2004, 01:51
Tyson

House of Blues is also a great restaurant - food's great!

orlandobabe
23-10-2004, 02:11
We've eaten in Wolfgang Pucks. I love the bread they bring you while you are waiting.

It can get very busy in there-but food is good.

If you want a quiet cup of coffee-there is a little coffee shop in the Virgin store-first floor.

eagleydo
23-10-2004, 02:22
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by disneydreamin
We love downtown Disney - it is a nice place just to wander round and soak up the atmosphere - especially early evening.

If you asked my daughter to recommend somewhere to eat though she would tell you Macdonalds[msnsad]
[/quote]
I have to agree with her on this. I always visit McDonalds in Downtown Disney. I encourage the others to go and watch a film whilst I look round the shops in peace. I then rush to Mackedee's and have a very large Butterfinger McFlurry, take outside and people watch, heaven!!

amy
23-10-2004, 02:33
Downtown is a great night out and if you have the right hopper pass you can get onto PI free, but remember to bring your photo ID as they vare very stict on the o21 rule, Jen was 33 and still asked for ID, unfortunatly my paper round must have been longer[msnsad]I was not asked for any ID.

CarolAnn
23-10-2004, 14:40
Join the club Jen!! I was asked for id once on PI, made my whole holiday, I think I was about 35 at the time[laugh][laugh]Sadly it was a few years ago, never been asked since:(:(

Daybreak
24-10-2004, 01:25
We also visited the Cuban cafe, we weren't impressed but just love DD
Will just have to visit again in December:):):)

Dawn

Nostromo
24-10-2004, 12:20
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Daybreak
We also visited the Cuban cafe, we weren't impressed but just love DD
Will just have to visit again in December:):):)

Dawn
[/quote]

Bongos Cuban Cafe was our worst experience of the entire trip. It in sharp contrast to other excellent restaurants in DD like Wolfgang Puck's or House of Blues. I think the Cuban cafe should be closed down.

TINAPETERS
31-10-2004, 00:30
Rainforest Cafe for Kids, the animals and thunderstorms make a great atmosphere, also our meals have always been very nice, even better cocktails

Magical Dreams
14-11-2004, 02:04
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by tyson1212
is it anygood, could i take my children in the evening. which is the best place to eat with kids
[/quote]

Relaxing atmosphere!
No need to rush here!
Shop, eat and Drink, Catch a Film in the Cinema.

Love the Virgin Megastore here, I can look round there for hours.

If you are a magnet collector, Magnatron is a MUST!!
We collect the Glass Mickey Mouse Figures from here, from the Store inside the main Disney shops.
Love watching the guy make blown glass figures etc.

When it gets dark, it takes on a new lease of life, everything is so beautiful, all lit up.

There is so much to do here you will not be wasting your time!!

[lucky]

chunkichik
14-11-2004, 02:46
Downtown Disney is my favourite place in the world, I have eaten a couple of times at the Rainforest Cafe and once at Planet Hollywood, both places were excellent and as my eldest son Daniel (10) always has his birthday when we are out there, they make an extra effort if you mention it, he was impressed.

I will never forget the first time we went to Orlando, our first Disney experience was DD on our first night there, I can remember turning to Dave my husband and saying that I was so excited I thought I might cry!!! [:I] I think if we had been in England he would have called for the men in white coats to take my away!!, he loves the climate and the easygoing people of Florida and I love Disney, Disney oh and yes Disney.