PDA

View Full Version : child passport or visa?

thumpertwinkle
09-03-2004, 00:48
We are going to Florida in Oct 05', i have checked our passports as i thought they may need renewing before we go and after reading about the new ones coming out this October i thought we may as well renew them before then but they only run out in Aug 06'.

The thing is our three children are on our passports, now according to what i have read they would need a visa to enter on our passports or their own machine readable passports.

One child will be 15, one 14 and the other one 10 when we travel. Is it worth getting the two eldest children their own passports?
How long will they last?
How do you obtain visa's and how much are childrens passports/visa's.

Thanks for any advice.

Jules
09-03-2004, 01:14
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by thumpertwinkle
We are going to Florida in Oct 05', i have checked our passports as i thought they may need renewing before we go and after reading about the new ones coming out this October i thought we may as well renew them before then but they only run out in Aug 06'.

The thing is our three children are on our passports, now according to what i have read they would need a visa to enter on our passports or their own machine readable passports.

One child will be 15, one 14 and the other one 10 when we travel. Is it worth getting the two eldest children their own passports?
How long will they last?
How do you obtain visa's and how much are childrens passports/visa's.

Thanks for any advice.

My understanding is that all children now need their own passports and can no longer travel on their parents.I would apply as soon as possible to avoid the rush before October this year and to avoid having to get a visa. The passports last for five years but can then be renewed free of charge with a new photograph for another five years. You can always check these details on the passport office website, I think the address is www.passportoffice.gov but I may be wrong
[/quote]

Jules
09-03-2004, 01:30
Sorry gave you the wrong website address have just checked and it is actually www.ukpa.gov.uk . I was right about kids needing their own passport though!

Julie