PDA

View Full Version : Info on Champions Gate

TotallyAngelic
08-03-2004, 23:24
Anyone have any info on Champions Gate community and where abouts it is in relation to the others as I can't seem to find it on your map.
Thanks

Cowboy
09-03-2004, 00:25
Champions Gate isn't really a community. There are plans in the future for home developement. There is a Publix supermarket, Macdonalds, gas station, approx. 15 shops including a super chinese restaurant. There are 2 Greg Norman designed golf courses and it is the home of the David Leadbetter golf academy. There is a new Omni hotel in the process of being built which at the moment I think looks ugly. It is due open sometime in 2005.
Champions Gate itself is at the end of the exit ramp at exit 58 on the Interstate 4.
Hope this helps.
Mike

Ana
09-03-2004, 16:32
Champions Gate is just along the road from the new Sandy Ridge community, at the botton of Old Lake Wilson Road.
It looks like a nice shopping / restaurant development.

NickClark
12-03-2004, 20:05
I have just come back from Orlando and a local relator told me that plans have been submitted to build 3000 homes at Champions Gate. As said above it is on the same road as Sandy Ridge and Reunion, close to Town Centre and Sunridge Woods.

esprit
12-03-2004, 20:56
The condos are a price and a half there so how much will the villas be??

huckleberry house
12-03-2004, 21:20
Is this the new development called Providence ? although I thought that was going to be located behind the cr54 ?

Lesley

Hex
25-03-2004, 20:21
villas will be a price and 2 thirds apparently.

Glad to be of help......

esprit
26-03-2004, 05:36
After Celebration, we get Reunion and now Providence and Harmony near St Cloud. Are these names getting naff or what??

harleyd
26-03-2004, 22:03
Windwood Bay is just around the corner from Champions Gate. Phase 2 to be released in the near future.

Geodan
27-03-2004, 02:36
The Sanctuary is a 2 minute drive from Championsgate.
It's also very convenient for the Publix supermarket and all the other shops,and especially the great chinese restaurant and takeaway.

luckylady
11-09-2006, 19:19
There are many great communities around Champions Gate.you will be spoilt for choice enjoy choosing your home for your vacation [msnsmile2]

Cruella DeVilla
11-09-2006, 22:19
Since this thread has come up again, Champions Gate has expanded also, the latest good thing to come our way is Chillis, I just love their cocktails and I might have 1 or 6 next week[beer]

wrightbuxton
11-09-2006, 23:16
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by NickClark
As said above it is on the same road as Sandy Ridge and Reunion, close to Town Centre and Sunridge Woods.
[/quote]

And Lake Wilson Preserve which is opposite Reunion and next door to Sandy Ridge[msnsmile2]

Julie

domster
15-09-2006, 16:51
CDV, could not agree more. Chilis is great and a good new addition to Championsgate.

They are building a few more at the moment and it looks like becoming a very good place to go.

Cruella DeVilla
15-09-2006, 18:36
More things are planned for Champions Gate. I plan to do a reccee next week and find out exactly what else is coming, hopefully even more eataries to add to the ones we have already there.:D

CarolAnn
15-09-2006, 21:02
Champions Gate just keeps getting better doesn't it! I look forward to a visit to Chillis when there in October, we have never tried it!! We do often go to Champions Gate "Subway", I love it! Had one here in the UK last week, and just didn't make the grade at all!!

MICKEYSDEN
15-09-2006, 23:18
We tried Chilis at Champions Gate last week, great food and very good service.[clap]

Also do a take away menu, great for us local communities[msnwink]

abbeyvillas
16-09-2006, 23:32
Must agree, Champions Gate is growing rapidly. The French restaurant La Crepe is very good and they do a Sunday Buffet lunch which is excellent value and all cooked by French chefs.
Opposite Publix along side the garage there is to be a TGI Friday's and an Italian restaurant over by Chilli's.
As well as the Subway, China 1 do excellent eat-in and take away meals - their tea-time special menu is excellent value and can be delivered to your home/pool-side/ lanai.
Jeanette

chrisflowers
17-09-2006, 00:11
And soon - a new upmarket shopping mall and cinema at the junction of CR54 and US27, all within walking distance

Cruella DeVilla
17-09-2006, 01:48
...........not forgetting Target:D

Jeannete don't forget McDonalds[laugh] oh and the Deli in Publix!

emm
17-09-2006, 16:26
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla

[/quote]

Is there going to be a Target at Champions Gate? That will save a lot of driving time!! :D

steph_goodrum
17-09-2006, 18:32
There's no Target at Championsgate yet. At least there wasn't on Friday when we left, but knowing how quickly some of these places get thrown up there's no telling it could be by now.:)

chrisflowers
17-09-2006, 20:06
Steph - CDV is talking about the NEW mall at 54/27 which looks like having a large store like Target
We were hoping for a Home Depot or Lowes, but there you go!

Cruella DeVilla
17-09-2006, 21:44
Steph, I know my shops.:DThe new Target, hopeully Super Target is coming in the area behind the firestation on the CR54 and before Cracker Barrell on the 27 if you can picture the area from that description. I can't wait for the new Mall on the door step.

Cruella DeVilla
17-09-2006, 21:45
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by emm
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla

[/quote]

Is there going to be a Target at Champions Gate? That will save a lot of driving time!! :D
[/quote]

My two favourite supermarkets within spitting distance...Publix and Target, what more could a girl want apart from Dunkin Donuts in the vila next door[^]

chrisflowers
17-09-2006, 21:53
Some more upmarket shops to make it more like Winter Park
Abercrombie and Fitch
Tommy Bahama
Guess
American Eagle
An APPLE STORE

etc etc etc

Cruella DeVilla
17-09-2006, 22:27
Oh stop teasing Chris:D

Pamela
19-09-2006, 13:58
sorry to butt in but can anyone tell me if Champions Gate is near Thousand Oaks estate. We are heading there in 51 days [clap] and I am just trying to suss out the areas before we get there, have only been once before and we were in Bass Lakes, so the opposite end from where we are going this year!

Andy & Arlene
19-09-2006, 17:32
Championsgate is less than 5 minutes from Thousand Oaks. I'm going over in a couple of weeks and can't wait to see all the new shops/restuarants there since my last visit a year ago. [msnsmile2]

Pamela
19-09-2006, 18:35
thanks for that. It always helps to get some info before you go!

BISH
20-09-2006, 02:21
We are having a villa built in Championsgate. Have been waiting for nearly 2 years but just got word they have apparently started to clear the site......yippee!!!

Cruella DeVilla
20-09-2006, 02:51
Nice one BISH, welcome to the neigbourhood, as you know there are literally dozens of communites in this area and we can all take advanatge of this amenity on our doorstep.

BISH
21-09-2006, 01:29
Thank you for the welcome CDV! We are next door to Bella Trae on Masters Boulevard....can't wait!!

Cruella DeVilla
21-09-2006, 02:19
I know it:D

abbeyvillas
23-09-2006, 00:31
Welcome BISH,
We had a look around Bella Trae in August and there seemed to be a lot of work going on there!

Jeanette

CarolAnn
23-09-2006, 00:59
Keep us posted on progress Bish!! Many of us chatterboxes know the area well!![msnwink] Nice to have you join the family:)

Cruella DeVilla
24-09-2006, 08:15
Drove through tonight but it was dark by the time I arrived so will have a wee reccee in the morning as I trundle off to the nail and hair salon;)

chrisflowers
24-09-2006, 12:03
CDV - do you use the chinese nail place at ChampionsGate, as Liz feels that the old male chap who does the nails is rather creepy!

Have you had any wierd experiences there?

Cruella DeVilla
24-09-2006, 17:11
I do use the nail place there, and any of the guys that have done my nails have been youngish, but I prefer one or two of the young girls doing my nails. Not had any weird experiences though, I shall have to keep my eyes peeled this morning[msneek]

SDJ
25-09-2006, 09:11
Chris

I also use the nail place at Championsgate but have only seen young men in there. Never had a wierd experience though! What am I missing???

Sandra

chrisflowers
25-09-2006, 10:08
Sandra -

Just expressing what my wife said after she had been last year, and now is wary of trying the nail place there.
I think it was the first time she had had her nails done by a MALE and an older one at that. There were no women in the shop at the time. She just thought....creepy.. and has not ventured back since.

Maybe she will be happy to try again in November on our next trip

SDJ
26-09-2006, 08:25
Chris

I am sure your wife will find everything okay. If she wants a buddy, I am out in November and will be visiting the salon. In fact I am going this week too.

Sandra

Cruella DeVilla
26-09-2006, 18:24
Well, no weird experiences Chris on Sunday, same staff bar one older woman who is new. The 2 guys who work in there one is a young guy and the other is 30ish or so and married to one of the girls who also works in there and her Mum is also in the salon, I have been going there for a couple of years now upto 6 times a year and have never seen an old guy in there so looks like it could have been a one off for Liz?

KarenScott
27-09-2006, 12:05
Do you need to book your nails in advance or just walk in? I fancy treating Mum and me at Christmas. Do they paint your own nails or are they fake?

Cruella DeVilla
27-09-2006, 16:12
Karen, It is usually walk-ins but I believe you can make appointments. The will do whatever you want to extensions or real nails both finger and toe nails. The pedicure is good. They also do waxing if you are feeling brave!

abbeyvillas
30-09-2006, 00:19
The Chinese community seem to have a monopoly on the nail salons in Orlando. We've used several -Walmart (Cagan's Crossing), the Plaza at Jtn of 27/54, next to Publix on US27 near Polo Park and Champions Gate, all have been fine although sometimes a little difficult to understand.
Jeanette.

Cruella DeVilla
30-09-2006, 00:50
They are generally Asian and a lot of them are actually Vietnamise. The only time I have had an American do them was whe I got married in Las Vegas.

KarenScott
24-03-2007, 22:13
Hubby actually bought a gift certificate for me and my Mum for Christmas and wow:D what an experience. Will be going every visit now.[clap] We were in there for an hour and a half and couldn't fault the service, it was brilliant:D French manicure on hands and feet. Lasted for ages on feet always manage to chip my hands though[msnembarrased]

SDJ
25-03-2007, 16:23
Glad you and your Mum enjoyed being pampered. I have been home for 4 weeks and my pedicure is still going strong! Manicures are a bit different with hands always in the water but still good.

May bump into you one day in the salon!!

Sandra

Cruella DeVilla
25-03-2007, 18:21
They have new pedicure chairs too which are very nice, I went straight from the airport to have a pedicure and manicure last month and I just wanted to fll asleep it was that comfy!

KarenScott
26-03-2007, 02:13
They had comfy chairs at Christmas with integral massage which Mum and I loved, are there newer ones then?

Cruella DeVilla
26-03-2007, 04:02
Yes they are lemon and other nice colours now, comfier than the ones they had before!

CarolAnn
01-04-2007, 19:20
I am so going to chack this out next visit:D