PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Weather

porterr
08-03-2004, 21:07
I am looking to go to Florida June/July. Can someone tell what the weather is actually like that time of year?

Thanks,

Rob

blott
08-03-2004, 21:49
Hi Rob

Welcome to the forum!

In June it's pretty hot (around 85F) but not very wet and going towards and into July it's very hot (90F+) and humid with more rainfall.

Hope that helps.

porterr
08-03-2004, 21:52
Thanks,

It is the rain I am concerned about. As long as there is plenty of sunshine thats fine.

Rob

Claire M
08-03-2004, 22:30
Hi Rob

We went in June last year, I have to say that most days it rained in the afternoon, sometimes just a shower other times it was torrential! My sister went the last 2 weeks in June and they had wall to wall sunshine!! It is very hot and the rain was very welcome.

We are going again in June this year, so it didn't bother us that much.

Claire

Pikey1999
08-03-2004, 23:50
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by porterr
I am looking to go to Florida June/July. Can someone tell what the weather is actually like that time of year?
Thanks,
Rob[/quote]

Better than the UK!!! ;)

Herbie
14-03-2004, 01:35
Rob

The thing to remember about the rain is that a, it dries up very quickly and b, it can be very localised. If you get a chance to see the Weather Channel on US TV you'll notice that they get it wrong as often as here in the UK!

Herbie

Lyn
14-03-2004, 17:54
We always go in July as work in a school and have to wait for the end of term. The weather can be really hot but it is the humidity which I find the real problem it can get very very sticky. It will rain and there will be thunder & lightening but it is worth it. I love every minute.

Lyn - Florida Fanatic