PDA

View Full Version : Try the 'Block' system with MGM and Sea World

Nostromo
08-03-2004, 17:27
Disney MGM Studios and Sea World are different from the other big parks in that they are not divided into convenient 'lands' or area with a few attractions each. Some people might find that planning the day's schedule for those two parks is therefore rather more awkward. I certainly felt so myself. Therefore, I tried what I call the 'block' system with MGM & Sea World during our last visit and it worked rather well.

It is simplicity itself. All you have to do is to take a good map of the park abd divide it into certain number of 'blocks' with a small number of attractions in each block, depending on their proximity to each other - similar to MK's Adventureland, Frontierland and so on. Each party can choose thier own method of division, but I came up with 6 blocks for Sea World and 4 for MGM. It worked superbly and reduced a lot of stress during the actual visit. Of course, if you want to be really fancy, you can even give imaginary NAMES to the blocks.

It might seem like a wasted effort, but try it. It works.

Pikey1999
08-03-2004, 23:15
I will try that, thanks. [8D]

steph_goodrum
09-03-2004, 01:17
Our Sea World trips are usually dictated by the timing of the various shows/feeding times etc so we always end up backtracking anyway, and somehow always spend at least 2 hours by the dolphin pool.:D

sarahjk
09-03-2004, 02:36
I completely agree coudnt you just stay there all day and it is one of the few things that all of us including my extremely picky 4 year old daughter completely agree upon