PDA

View Full Version : Indian Pointe

falcon
08-03-2004, 17:03
any feedback at all please nearness of things to do shops bird watching shortcuts going first 2weeks in may
many thanks everyone Mike

blott
08-03-2004, 17:38
Indian Pointe is a very nice community on Poinciana Boulevard and close to Highway 192 and Wal-Mart, both using a shortcut down Oren Brown.

If you go further along Poinciana Boulevard towards Poinciana, you'll find Reedy Creek Nature Reserve which is open to the public at weekends and also the Disney Wilderness Preserve, both of which have great bird watching opportunities. However, you may find some of the birds come to you on Indian Pointe! Along the route to these are also Green Meadows Petting Farm and Horseworld Riding Stables.

I'm sure you'll have a great time!

PhilipB
08-03-2004, 21:41
We just came back from a week in Doral Woods which is nearby and we visited Horse World (everything in the States is 'World'!) and had a really great time. They have both advanced and beginner's trails so everyone can have a go. Ask them for a riding hat though.

wilfy
08-03-2004, 23:56
Falcon,
the 24hr super walmart is a 2 minute drive away, via yowell + nth bass road. It brings you out next to wal-mart. A traffic lighted junction for access to the 192 - which has lots more shops and restaurants. [:p]

Good short cut to John Young Parkway for heading north to Florida-Mall (on orange blossom trail) is to head east on 192, take a left at hoagland. (next to osceola strip mall - Bealls shop). Follow this round till you hit John Young. Avoids a lot of stop/start traffic on the 192.

Disney + I4 :- nth on poinciana, straight across 192, (you can take the toll-road shortly after this junction to disney) or left at next set of lights onto 535. At next major junction :-

Right here , then left at big junction onto south international drive for access to premium mall + sea world.)
OR
Left (onto 536) 1 mile ahead, Disney is straight ahead, Right onto I4 for access to universal etc

falcon
09-03-2004, 02:09
yet again a big thank you to the forum members for a swift and very usefull answer cheers
Mike(falcon)