PDA

View Full Version : Hello

carolyne
08-03-2004, 17:31
Hello

Joined the forum in February and thanks to all who have responded to my questions. Great forum. Im hooked. How do I get myself a wee picture to go under my name.

Going to Florida for the first time in 6 years. 8 of us with my 5 year old boy who loves dinosaurs so presume IOA is the best place to go.

Also want to shop and hear Milenia Mall sounds good. Any advances on this?

When do I get any stars?

Carolyne

blott
08-03-2004, 17:42
Hi Carolyne

This should help with the avatar (picture under your name) http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7915

Stars are awarded automatically for the number of posts you've made so keep chatting!

DMC
08-03-2004, 18:09
Carolyne

The Mall of The Mallenia is a great place to visit.

It all depends what you are looking for, it is very up market and with Bloomingdales / Macey's / Burberry / Gucci etc etc.

So apart from the exchange rate savings, it is not really a place where bargains are to be found, but if you want that Designer Handbag from Louis Vitton then its a good place to go.

We have been several times and the place almost seems empty, compared with other Shopping Malls, such as Florida Mall, but it does make a refreshing change not to have to fight your way around the shops.

Try and visit the Cheese Cake Factory, not only does it sell the most amazing and varied range of Cheese Cakes, there is also a wide choice of other food on the menu, the portions are just about the largest I have seen in Orlando :D

In short a good place to visit and to window shop, unless there is something very special that you are looking for.

carolyne
08-03-2004, 18:38
Thanks Blott and DMC. Still trying to work out what to do with Avatar but sure i'll get there in end. Everyone else has!!

Went to a big mall last time but no idea what it was. Is there a website for the Florida mall? Have seen the Mallenia site. Cheesecake sounds soooo good.

If not is it easy enough to find. we are staying near splendid China and want to shop at start of hols as we're not too taking too much with us. How do we stand with bringing stuff back to UK?

Also looking for a bargain on ipods!

Thanx again

Claire M
08-03-2004, 19:11
Carolyne

I didn't know what an Avatar was either. I DO NOW!!!!!!!
It took me ages to work out what I was supposed to do, I will change it in the future to something more apt.

Claire

Claire M
08-03-2004, 19:14
Carolyne

We stay at Emerald Island, which is near Splendid China. You take the I4 East and keep going, it is well signposted you cant miss it. We always bring back loads of stuff, I always have to buy a new case! I have never been stopped at customs, in fact I have never seen anyone at customs when we land! Perhaps they don't start work until 9am?

www.mallatmillenia.com

Claire

blott
08-03-2004, 19:35
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:I have never been stopped at customs, in fact I have never seen anyone at customs when we land! Perhaps they don't start work until 9am?[/quote] Oh, I think you'll find they do... http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8166

Claire M
08-03-2004, 19:40
Hmmmm See what you mean!

carolyne
08-03-2004, 20:06
ha ha i liked that one too. Cute. Not sure if I even like fish but will change it like you now I know what to do. Thank you

carolyne
08-03-2004, 21:48
Why are there passwords for some forums?

blott
08-03-2004, 22:43
The ones with passwords are private forums for home owners who advertise on these sites only.

Claire M
08-03-2004, 23:13
Where has my avatar gone!!!!

Claire M
08-03-2004, 23:21
I have had to pick a new one as the old one no longer worked, could somebody please tell me why??

blott
08-03-2004, 23:29
You've got an angel now - I don't know where the previous one went... where did you get it from?

Claire M
08-03-2004, 23:34
I got it from animation factory! I wonder wether this one will last, perhaps I havent saved it correctly?

Claire

blott
08-03-2004, 23:48
They normally work OK - see how this one goes...

Claire M
08-03-2004, 23:53
Thanks Blott