PDA

View Full Version : Calabay Parc...what is nearby?

BrittnTylersMom
08-03-2004, 08:48
I was a little hesitant to rent on Hwy 27 as it's not as close to Disney as some of the other communities, but I fell in love with the villa we are renting and just had to have it.:) I'd really appriciate any information as to what supermarkets, shops and restaurants that are within close proximity to Calabay Parc.

We're first time renters if you couldn't tell!:D

BrittnTylersMom
08-03-2004, 09:28
Okay, I just saw the other post about the Calabays..'Lakes vs.Towers' and I have no idea where we are. I'm assuming we are in the original Calabay Parc (the villa was part of phase 2, and was just recently completed). Driving directions say it's about 5 minutes to 192.

Help!!!

Ruth
08-03-2004, 10:42
The original Calabay Park is within 5 minutes of the 192 and about 15 minutes to Disney. There is a new Publix a short drive away next to Highlands Reserve. There are restaurants on the 27 but we tend to use those on the 192 out of habit as they are still very convenient. Calabay Park is a beautiful community and I am sure you will love it:)

caroline
08-03-2004, 11:10
Hi BrittnTylersMom
It would have to be Calabay Parc you've booked as they haven't started building at the new site yet!
They are lovely homes and the location is brilliant, we do have a house there;) - although we're on phase 1
I'm sure you'll love it!
The driving times are pretty accurate, it takes us 12 minutes from our driveway to the car park at MGM
Like Ruth we tend to drive further afield to restaurants as we like to try and find something new everytime we go :)

Matt
08-03-2004, 13:24
BTM, I too am at Calabay Parc and everything you need is really close by like Caroline has already stated.

There are some nice eateries at Champions Gate, chinese, SubWay, Crepes along with a large Publix (oh and of course a McD's).

Apart from that all guests that have stayed in our home have all commented on the locale and how easy it is to get everywhere including all of the major parks and attractions.

So, there you go, all communities on US27 have the same access as those on the 192, which is where I'm assuming you have stayed in the past:)

Enjoy, you'll have a great time at Calabay....I know I always do, but then I guess I'm biased:D:D

Matt

Matt
08-03-2004, 13:25
Opps, No you haven't stayed in the past. Sorry BTM, just read your posting again.

Matt

imported_n/a
09-03-2004, 06:20
Talking of eating,for all you folks off the 27, try out "Bahama breeze".We go there often when visiting calabay,its at juntion 65 on the I4.Also breakfast at Gay lord palms is a very pleasent surprise(don't forget to get your check validated for free parking)

rozzer
22-03-2004, 06:33
there is also a chinese takeaway opened about three doors down from the new publix that opened this may help for the odd night in.[^]

worldpeace
06-09-2004, 15:20
we stayed here last Oct03, was very clean & tidy although very Quiet. Not very much to do in evenings as no resturants close by with the exception of fast food chains. MC very good also. Ideal if u just wish to flake out after the theme parks.

Tracey K
06-09-2004, 16:31
This is exactly the reason we bought our home on Calabay - it is minutes from the hustle and bustle of 192 but then when you are at the house you really get to enjoy complete peace and quiet.

I think you will find there are more restaurants being built all the time close by and there are some nice places to eat at Champions Gate - admittedly you can not walk to them but then unless you are based at the busy end of 192 you will find you will need to take a car anyway.

Ian Dee
07-09-2004, 03:25
Information about Calabay Parc can be found at http://www.villasflorida.com/Communities/59.aspx

We too have a villa on Phase 1 and liked CCP so much we bought off a plan - Cypress- before the show house or one was built.

Fortunatley we have one of our Calabay People there at CP at the moment and she is giving us all emails on what Frances is up to.

Fingers crossed CP seems to be OK and was lucky after Charley.

I'm sure you will love it. [8D]

CarolAnn
08-09-2004, 02:52
Yes, we too are at Calabay:)There just seems to be more there everytime someone goes, it is fast becoming an even better location than we thought when we bought our villa :)The community has faired extremely well during these hurricanes, with a post earlier saying that Calabay looked as though both Chaley & Frances had missed them completely:)We had guests in during Charley, and on their return, they recommended our villa to their friends for next year, always a great compliment, but on the back of experiencing a hurricane, I have to say I was extremely pleased and impressed:)Good advert I guess:):)[8D]

Genie
08-09-2004, 18:55
Hi, we are next door at Four Corners, it is a perfect base for a stay in Orlando. If you turn right out of Calabay and Four corners not far up there you will find a new Cracker Barrell, they are brilliant. Also that way is a Perkins, KFC a Walmart ( and the traffic is easier getting to that one !! What more could you want.

CarolAnn
10-09-2004, 13:20
I had never heard of HighWay 27 until last April, now and with baseball city's development plans! Wow!!! What do you think Genie :D