PDA

View Full Version : New member, but hooked

ollie
08-03-2004, 02:42
Hi,

I have enjoyed reading the posts on the forum, for a while now, and finally signed on as a member. The information on here is very useful.

We are travelling to Florida over Easter, 5 days at Cocoa Beach, and then 14 Days in Orlando. We cant wait, and I look forward to reading the postings before we go, especially if anyone has any thing to say about Cocoa Beach.[msncool]

Ollie

hamptonlakes
08-03-2004, 02:46
Welcome to the forum Ollie[msnsmile2]

We all look forward to seeing around the forum[msnsmile2]

PS - Sorry dont know anything about Cocoa Beach but i am sure there will be some out there who will[msnsmile2]

ollie
08-03-2004, 02:50
I know this a primarily an Orlando forum, but can I post a topice specifically requesting info on Cocoa Beach?

Dont want to start as a new member, and upset people. [msnsmile]

hamptonlakes
08-03-2004, 03:03
I dont see why not ?

I know the guys who own the orlando villas group of websites also run a gulf coast website - www.gulf-coast-villas.com

[msnsmile2]

ollie
08-03-2004, 03:06
Thanks for your input.

Ill put something in the Chat area.

Cowboy
08-03-2004, 14:34
Hi ollie,
Welcome to the forum and I am sure you will receive the information you require. We have been to Cocoa Beach for a day trip from our villa in Orlando. When we went in Sept. 2003 it was very quiet and out of their busy season and not a lot going on. As you are no doubt aware it is on the Atlantic Coast and gets quite breezy. Quite a lot of surfing and there are several places to hire surf boards etc., if you are into surfing.It usually is several degrees colder than the Gulf Coast. You can see the Space Centre launch pads from the pier. If you intend visiting the Kennedy Space Centre whilst in Florida I suggest you do it from your Cocoa Beach residence as opposed to going from your Orlando villa.
I would also like to suggest you do a search on something like Google to get more of what is on in Cocoa Beach.
Mike.

Pikey1999
08-03-2004, 21:31
Nice area but haven't been there for a few years and didn't stay for long when I did go.
Try http://www.ksc.nasa.gov/ for any 'Space' info.

lisi
08-03-2004, 23:24
Hi Ollie - welcome to the forum which you will find so helpful. We liked Cocoa Beach - parking difficult though - a pay carpark at the pier but we drove right along to Ron Jon's and parked in their free carpark - the store is lovely - wanted to buy everything in site. The beach was breezy though being on the Atlantic side - plenty of places to eat though and very scenic

Lisi [msncool]

benfilo
09-03-2004, 01:21
hi ollie welcome[msnsmile2]
I stayed in Cocoa Beach a few years ago just for a couple of nights . We went ther to see a shuttle launch, what an experience . Plenty of places to eat and ideal obviously fo KSC.I agree on the breezy bit.

ollie
09-03-2004, 02:46
Thanks to everyone who posted replys. This is a great forum.

We will definitly be visiting the KSC and no doubt Ron Jons.

Can any tell us what the Cocoa Pier like? Is it full of places to eat etc....

Cheers

lisi
12-03-2004, 13:06
Hi Ollie
The pier car park was full every time we went so you simply could not park and you can't just park on the side of the road! - can't help you there but there are loads of places to eat

Lisi

gednandrea
12-03-2004, 20:45
Hi Ollie
We stayed at Port Canaveral last year which is just up the road from Cocoa Beach. Had a great week altho' being October it was v.quiet...some 'entertainments' were shut altho' the weather was smashing. Cocoa Beach Pier was quaint and there were a few good choices in restaurants. It was breezy!!! If you go up tp Port Canaveral you can watch the cruise liners leaving from the beach....including the Disney Liners...quite impressive. Agree with the comments on Ron Jons too!
Andrea

Jules
14-03-2004, 04:23
Hi Ollie,
Welcome to the forum. We always try to squeeze in a visit to Cocoa beach when we are in Orlando. I love the beach and the breeze! We always park in Ron Jon's car park, it's free, its undercover so the car stays cooler, Also there are public toilets inside Ron Jon's which is always handy to know especially if you are travelling with children. The staff at the Subway just up the road from Ron Jon's are very friendly it's a great place to pick up lunch for on the beach, don't forget the cooler.

Julie

ollie
14-03-2004, 21:58
Hi Julie,

Is Ron Jons close to the Cocoa BEach Pier, as we have been recomended to visit there too.?

Cheers
[msnsmile2]

benfilo
19-03-2004, 01:10
Hi ollie
it's been a while since I've been there but I seem to remember it was fairly close

ollie
22-03-2004, 14:20
Thanks for this Benfilo.

Cheers

[msnsmile2]