PDA

View Full Version : hairdressing in florida

ian cater
07-03-2004, 15:07
can anyone give me advice,my wife has a hairdressing salon in the uk and would like to buy the same kind of business in florida ie is this a good business to have out there ,what are the best areas we also have a 7 year old son so we need a good safe area any information would be great thanks ian[?]

bond
07-03-2004, 17:51
My wife and I were just talking about the lack of hairdressing salons in the Orlando area. We are not sure is it because American women dont place the same importance on having their hair done. In the UK and Ireland it is almost impossible to find a woman who does not frequent hairdressing salons. But it is commonplace here to see women who look like they have either never visited a hair salon or get shot out of a cannon for a living. But I am sure the ladies on this forum that live in Florida will be better able to answer your question.

blott
07-03-2004, 19:07
According to the internet, there are at least 1972 hairdressing salons in the Orlando area and 86 in Kissimmee so I don't think you can have been looking very hard Bond! [msnwink]

It sounds a pretty well subscribed occupation and I think you need to go and have a look around Ian and see if you can find somewhere suitable that doesn't have too many already. Either that or contact a business broker who may be able to help you.

esprit
07-03-2004, 19:18
There are usually some up for sale on www.fbba.com. Look for a trading one withn good figures ( get an accountant to look over). I would advise a residential area with well heeled ladies. Dont go for the tourist areas, tourists dont get their hair done and the people who work in the tourist industry dont have the time. Would suggest places like Windermere, Winter Park, College Park, even Apopka where I know of someone who has done very well with a tanning salon. Look to add something to it such as nails. Nail salons seem to do OK here. I think doing something you did in the UK and which you have experience of is a great thing, you should do OK.