PDA

View Full Version : RE: CHURCH STREET STATION

improvmisty
07-03-2004, 06:44
<span style=&#39;font-family:Verdana&#39;></span id=&#39;Verdana&#39;><span style=&#39;color:navy&#39;></span id=&#39;navy&#39;>

I just happen to stumble across this forum, and I noticed some posts regarding Church Street Station. I work at the Improv Comedy Club & Restaurant that is located in Church Street Station where Rosie O&#39;Grady&#39;s once was. The way Church Street Station once was ended about three years ago I believe. I did not have the opportunity to experience how it used to be as I just moved here about seven months ago, but I personally encounter numerous tourists arriving to Church Street on a daily basis and I see the amazement in their faces that everything is shut down.

However, everything isn&#39;t shut down. Though it&#39;s not the variety the Station once supplied, the Improv Comedy Club & Restaurant has been there since October 2002. It offers live stand-up comedy shows six nights a week, Tuesday thru Sunday with shows at 8pm on Tuesday (Apollo Night featuring comics from BET Comic View, HBO Def Comedy Jam, and Showtime at the Apollo) Wednesday&#39;s at 8pm (Wild card Wednesday--open mic night, &#39;Evening of Estrogen&#39; featuring an all female line up, Survivor Comedy Series, etc.) Thursday @ 8pm, Fri & Saturday @ 8pm and 10:30pm and Sunday @ 7:00pm.

The Thursday-Sunday shows feature a new well-known comedian each week as seen on Televison and Film, HBO, SHOWTIME, MTV, COMEDY CENTRAL, etc.

This weekend, our featured comedian is Louie Anderson and our Upcoming line-up for 2004 includes such names as Dane Cook, Paula Poundstone, Dave Chappelle (Yes, the one from the Tv show), Dave ATTELLE (from Insomniac&#39;s TV show), Robert Schimmel, John Witherspoon, RAVEN Psychic Hypnotist (special family shows), David Cross, Ralphie Mae, Kevin Pollack, Mitch Hedberg, Michael Winslow, Bob Marley, Pauly shore, and so on.

The Friday 10:30pm show every week is 18+ to enter. All other shows are 21+ to enter unless otherwise specified. The Improv is a 2 level theater, offering a huge sports bar open at 4pm Tuesday-Sunday (used to be Apple Annies), a full bar and full dinner menu is available before and during the show in the showroom.

Misty

esprit
07-03-2004, 08:42
There is an article on Church Street in the local paper today. Apparently the place is now 90% leased following a $35 million refurb.Already opem amd operational are the Improv Comedy Club, the Evertea - a tea, sandwich and pastry shop, the Ballroom. a banquet hall cateriung facility, Gametime Sports Bar and Grill, the Blue Lotus dance and music center and the Antique Emporium. Enterprises which are leasing premises but not yet open include Dingos ( an Aussie themed club), NYPD Pizza. two steakhouses ( one Japanese), a coffee shop and Toojays Deli. Extravagent upgrades have been made to thr interior whilst preserving old features of the historic building.