PDA

View Full Version : Haunted House - Old Town

Claire M
07-03-2004, 00:48
Hi

Has anybody else been here? What did you think? I personally have never been so scared in my life!![msnoo]

MysteriousJourneys
08-03-2004, 01:26
I couldnt agree with you more! When I got out I screamed that I was out at last! Absolutely Bloody Terrifying!!

sunshine state
09-03-2004, 03:31
Ive been there, the man outside used to really scare me when i was younger, now i just stand there and he can't think of anything to scare me.

Mike

mandyc
03-04-2004, 19:43
Sounds good - where is it and what does it consist of apart from the obvious

Mandy

Nostromo
03-04-2004, 23:09
Sounds tempting - as one of the places where I can send my unsuspecting, airheaded sister-in-law! [}:)][}:)]:D:D

Claire M
03-04-2004, 23:26
The haunted house is on the main street of Old Town. It consists of a creepy looking old building which is haunted. It sounds and looks quite poor from the outside, but believe me it has been known for grown men to scream. Definately worth a look.

Claire

mandyc
04-04-2004, 17:32
Sounds really good, is this suitable for kids i.e. 9 and 13yr olds??

Mandy
:D

Claire M
04-04-2004, 18:31
Yes I have seen smaller children on it, but it would be down to you wether you would find it suitable for your children. If there is a big party of you, perhaps 2 adults go first and then they can decide whether it's ok for the children.

Claire

Ruth
04-04-2004, 20:16
Sounds far to scary for me[:I]Give me a rollercoaster instead anyday:D

mandyc
04-04-2004, 21:29
Can you explain what it consists of. its not one of these places with actors acting out horror parts, similar to the attraction at Blackpool.

Mandy

Claire M
04-04-2004, 22:55
If I tell you that it will spoil the surprise. Having never been to Blackpool, I couldn't tell you whether it is similar or not. It probably is something along those lines. Basically it a house with rooms and corridors which are dark. There is a man in there but you never know where! He could be right behind you, or in the room next to you! It sounds rubbish but it is very scary!!!

mandyc
04-04-2004, 23:01
Sounds great, can't wait to try it, I think i'll push my step mum in first:D The one in Blackpool is based on horror characters eg Freddie Crouger, Texas chainsaw. very life like actors playing out these parts, it ends with you coming out into a bar screaming and then realising that the people in the bar have been watching you on a monitor. you feel such a fool

[:I]

Mandy

starkie
19-05-2004, 19:23
Hi Claire,

I haven't even been in the haunted house and I ran down the street screaming. The woman was in the coffin stood up outside the building.
She chased me down the street to everyone's amusement.
Might have a go next time we're there.

Julie

CarolAnn
29-08-2004, 21:44
Haven't been to OlD TOWN for a few years[:p]Think I might go next year, now[^] Haunted House sounds cool[msnwink]

LiesaAnna
11-09-2004, 23:37
they scared the daylights out of me, we were walking past watching the cars and just minding me own buisness when i heard someone say something when i turned around a hooded thing was standing there i screamed and he followed me for a bit i was nearly crying, sorry but i didnt think that was funny, how did he know if i had a heart complaint or something??? i'll stear clear of that area in future!!!!![msnscared]

Nostromo
12-09-2004, 00:25
It is somewhat similar to the Skull Kingdom on I-drive. People in spooky getup, weird noises, screams etc but it does not have the pseudo-gore of SK. After the initial startle, neither is particularly scary and after a while you know what to expect and have to be careful not to snigger - you might offend the actors.

PS: Unless I am mistaken, it is now called Haunted Grimm House.

Kiddie001
30-09-2004, 18:15
perhaps I can get a holiday job for the kids while we are there.
believe me they are scary[msnoo]

pigletsplace2003
25-02-2005, 01:35
It was great fun :D:D:D