PDA

View Full Version : Millenia Mall

Claire M
07-03-2004, 00:32
Hi everyone

Having visited the mall last June, I just wanted to know if there were any new shops their. We are due to visit again in June and I am looking forward to my shopping spree.[msnwink]

My husband isn't[msncry].

Thanks

07-03-2004, 01:32
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CANDA
Hi everyone

Having visited the mall last June, I just wanted to know if there were any new shops their. We are due to visit again in June and I am looking forward to my shopping spree.[msnwink]

My husband isn't[msncry].

Thanks
[/quote]

Hi Canda,

How do you think it compares with the Florida Mall?

Ive not been yet, but out for 3 weeks in August and love shopping!

Claire M
07-03-2004, 01:40
Hi Julie

It's completely different to the Florida Mall. You have got a choice of Macy's or Bloomingdales, they are quite expensive, but we still got bargains in the sales. They also have Burberry, which is actually more expensive than the UK, I bought my daughter a denim jacket in the sale it cost $89 they are only £65 here. There is also Louis Vuitton I did buy a bag, I am not sure how this compares to the UK. There is Tiffany's, Lacoste and Gucci etc. If you are looking for something special than this is the place to find it, but for your normal purchases you can't beat the outlets and the Florida Mall.

I would certainly recommend a visit as it is very easy to get to and it's a nice quiet afternoon away from the parks.

07-03-2004, 01:46
Hi Julie

It's completely different to the Florida Mall. You have got a choice of Macy's or Bloomingdales, they are quite expensive, but we still got bargains in the sales. They also have Burberry, which is actually more expensive than the UK, I bought my daughter a denim jacket in the sale it cost $89 they are only £65 here. There is also Louis Vuitton I did buy a bag, I am not sure how this compares to the UK. There is Tiffany's, Lacoste and Gucci etc. If you are looking for something special than this is the place to find it, but for your normal purchases you can't beat the outlets and the Florida Mall.

I would certainly recommend a visit as it is very easy to get to and it's a nice quiet afternoon away from the parks.

[/quote]

Sounds great! How much was your Louis Vuitton? I bought one recently here in the UK.

Claire M
07-03-2004, 01:54
Hi Julie

It cost $640 plus tax. I think it's called a cabas piano (not sure though as receipt is put away safe). It's a medium size with slot for phone and zip up pocket on inside. How much was yours here?

I havent looked into comparing the price as I still feel a little guilty at spending so much money on a bag![msnembarrased]

fiona
07-03-2004, 03:05
http://images.eluxury.com/assets_server/product/10199930/p10199930_ph_hero.jpg
$730 on the LV website so I think you did well.

By pure chance today I had junk mail from a fake LV website

http://www.highendbags.com/largepics/17.jpg
$119.50 for the fake

07-03-2004, 03:09
Hi Julie

It cost $640 plus tax. I think it's called a cabas piano (not sure though as receipt is put away safe). It's a medium size with slot for phone and zip up pocket on inside. How much was yours here?

I havent looked into comparing the price as I still feel a little guilty at spending so much money on a bag![msnembarrased]
[/quote]

Sounds like mine, its about 8 inches by approx 6 inchs and it cost around £450 it think?

Ray&Sarah
07-03-2004, 03:12
Milenia Mall is great for a visit, but more up market shops than the Florida Mall, so we went window shopping instead! Having said that they did have a Quiksilver shop and our lads are mad about all the boarding makes and we picked up a bargain jacket for our eldest lad. Same jacket here in "Debs" £110 cost in dollars in the sale $39(£21ish). So for us it was definately worth a visit!:D

Claire M
07-03-2004, 14:22
Hi Fiona

Yes thats the one! I didn't do so badly after all. They did say whilst we were in there that the prices were going up by around 20%, so I think I bought at the right time!

Thanks

Claire

steph_goodrum
07-03-2004, 16:01
CANDA
I can't remember exactly which shops were there when you were but if you check out the website
http://www.mallatmillenia.com/

you can see what is open now.

Claire M
07-03-2004, 17:22
Thanks Steph, Will check it out now!

dino
07-03-2004, 17:40
hi Canda, could u pls give us directions from splendid china. and which one is closer florida mall or mellenia.

regards

dino

Claire M
07-03-2004, 22:36
Hi Dino

We stay at my parents house on Emerald Island, which is near Splendid China. We turn right from Splendid China (dragon in middle of road) onto 192. Then take I4 East, keep going up I4 it is sign posted Mall at Millenia which I think is exit 78 and it's on the right hand side. This takes us about 30 mins. I think distance wise they are about the same, but it's easier to get to Millenia.

Could somebody please correct me if I am wrong[msnsmile].

I just copied this off the website.

Mall Hours:

Monday - Saturday 10-9:30
Sunday 11-7

4200 Conroy Road, Orlando
I-4 at Conroy Road (Exit 78)

Directions:

From I-95, exit at 528W to I-4 East to exit 78, Conroy Road.
From the Florida Turnpike, exit at I-4. Travel I-4 East to exit 78, Conroy Road.
From Orlando International Airport, take 528W to I-4 East to exit 78, Conroy Road.

Claire

carolyne
08-03-2004, 15:56
Could you please tell me where the Milenia Mall is? I hope to buy LV or Gucci goods whilst on holiday in April so is this the best place to go? Are there other shops there which the rest of my family can browse around so they cant see how much Im spending?

[msnwink]

carolyne

Nostromo
08-03-2004, 16:44
We have designated a special day to visit Mall at Millenia, even if it is mainly window shopping. Having said that, I have found that even in some of the US 'upmarket' shops prices are often competitive to UK rates in 'middle range' places like John Lewis. Also, we need to bear the current favourable exchange rate in mind. An exclusive $600 outfit might appear too expensive at first glance (and I admit it may well really be), but the person in question should ask themselves whether they can afford £350 (the approximate equivalent).

Claire M
08-03-2004, 17:09
Carolyne

If you click this link it will give you a list of stores that are there! Be prepared to spend lots of money![msnwink]

http://www.mallatmillenia.com

Happy spending

Claire

steph_goodrum
08-03-2004, 17:56
Nostromo
I wish I thought we would be able to designate 1 day but somehow I think that with my daughter shopping for a "prom" dress for her school formal in the summer at Macys, it may require a couple of trips to decide on the right one.:D:D Having watched so many teen american movies and soaps she has always wanted the chance to have a prom and this is the closest they will get so she can't wait.

Nostromo
08-03-2004, 18:32
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
Originally posted by steph_goodrum
Nostromo
I wish I thought we would be able to designate 1 day but somehow I think that with my daughter shopping for a "prom" dress for her school formal in the summer at Macys, it may require a couple of trips to decide on the right one.:D:D Having watched so many teen american movies and soaps she has always wanted the chance to have a prom and this is the closest they will get so she can't wait.
[/quote]

Well' all the best for the er....Prom! I said WE (meaning all of us) had kept a day aside for MaM. My wife has taken a few extra days to do her shopping in Premium Outlet Mall, Florida Mall & maybe even Belz! But the big difference between you and me is that (poor) YOU have to pay for your daughter's shopping whereas my wife will have to pay herself for all of HERS, including any penalty for extra luggage. HA! ;);)[^][^]:D:D

steph_goodrum
08-03-2004, 18:57
"But the big difference between you and me is that (poor) YOU have to pay for your daughter's shopping whereas my wife will have to pay herself for all of HERS, including any penalty for extra luggage. HA! "

My daughter tells me payback will be when she becomes the next Erin Brockovich and I can stay in her Penthouse apartments in New York, Venice or London.:D:D.

fiona
08-03-2004, 22:01
Steph I am sure you will find what you want, but in case you don't, I got something for Catriona at the Bicester Shopping Mall (owned by the same people as the Orlando Premium) - a lovely dress from Monsoon. There was also a lovely Karen Miller shop, but with her colouring the only one that suited her had some "pulls" and frankly should not have been on sale anyway! Goes without saying all the others were perfect!

steph_goodrum
09-03-2004, 01:22
Thanks Fiona, looks like we could be trawling the UK if she can't find one she likes that suits. As it's a make, do, and mend trip to the villa + a bit of pre A level relaxation/revision we know we are shopping rather than the parks this trip (other than Sea World).

imported_n/a
09-03-2004, 02:00
Hey, Just wanted to say, that this is an amazing mall, and great to visit, the fountains out the front are awesome. They have the best place to eat 'CheeseCake Factory'! The CheeseCakes are HUGE! The whole mall is really modern!

Chris:D

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
09-03-2004, 02:32
We second that Chris, The Cheesecake Factory is fabulous but for those who have not been before don't be put off by the name, yes they serve scrumptious cheesecake but they have one of the most extensive menus that we have seen in US restaurants. the menu is like a book, great salads and pasta for vegetarians. The starters are gigantic a meal in themselves...oh roll on June...

Sarah

fiona
09-03-2004, 03:42
Back to prom dresses Steph we found the most amazing "little black dress" in DKNY at POM, one size was just too small and next size up too big, and it was a steal:(

fiona
09-03-2004, 03:46
Thought I should put this in separately - this started last week:

First Fridays at the Mall at Millenia

Jennifer and the Venturas to Perform on March 5, 2004
The electrifying band Jennifer and the Venturas will perform at THE MALL AT MILLENIA on March 5th during First Fridays, a monthly outdoor concert series. The series runs 5-8 p.m. on the first Friday of each month.

Admission is free to First Fridays, presented at THE MALL AT MILLENIA’s main entrance located next to Brio Tuscan Grille, The Cheesecake Factory, McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant, and P.F. Chang's China Bistro. In addition to enjoying world-class performances, concert-goers can purchase food and drinks from these restaurant, plus California Pizza Kitchen and Panera Bread. Presented by Smooth Jazz 103.1 WLOQ, the event will also feature fashion from THE MALL AT MILLENIA’s leading retailers. Free parking is plentiful among more than 5,500 spaces around the Center.

Jennifer And The Venturas came to be in the Fall of 2000, when the veteran rhythm section of the band, Dan Electro And The Silvertones, teamed up with vocalist, Jennifer Sweat. From jazz to rockabilly to surf, the band’s music list continues to grow. Each of the players has brought along such a rich and diverse style that the group puts their trademark on every tune they cover. Regional press has brought the band awards for Best Jazz Band and Best Original Band of the Suncoast 2001, Best Jumpin' Band of the Suncoast 2002, and Best Jazz Band 2002.

THE MALL AT MILLENIA is visible and conveniently accessed from an I-4 interchange at Conroy Road (Exit 78) and is within an easy drive to most Orlando neighborhoods. In addition to plentiful, free parking around the Center, valet parking is also available. Daily shopping hours are Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. until 9 p.m. and Sunday, 12 noon until 7 p.m., with many restaurants open through midnight. For more information, call 407/363-3555.

I know it's past the 5th March, but might be worth remembering if you are out in the first Friday of a month.

steph_goodrum
09-03-2004, 11:43
It would probably have fitted Michelle a treat then Fiona, she always seems to be just in between sizes but we've found the fit seems to be better in US sizes than UK, she's very long in the body so waists end up just under her armpits etc, not very flattering, but some of the tall ones she's tried in the past do actually make adjustments in the body length rather than add a couple of inches to the bottom, which seems to be most shops answers to "tall" people. She likes DKNY and Macys had a large selection of Ralph Lauren black dresses as well last time we were there. She's trying to get a lighter colour for the summmer but would also like a new black number for the winter events.

MARKANDLORNA
16-03-2004, 02:33
HOW FAR IS THIS MALL FROM INTERNATIONAL DRIVE??

WE ARE COMING OVER ON MONDAY FOR 3 WEEKS & WE WILL HAVE TO VISIT

WE ARE NOT DRIVING THOUGH, SO WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GET THERE??

MARK & LORNA

16-03-2004, 02:38
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MARKANDLORNA
HOW FAR IS THIS MALL FROM INTERNATIONAL DRIVE??

WE ARE COMING OVER ON MONDAY FOR 3 WEEKS & WE WILL HAVE TO VISIT

WE ARE NOT DRIVING THOUGH, SO WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GET THERE??

MARK & LORNA
[/quote]

Its the junction after Universal on the I4/Conroy I think, someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Julie R

DMC
16-03-2004, 12:45
Hi Mark & Lorna

We don't ever use a car either and have no problems getting around.

The way we get to the Mall of the Mallenia, is to get yourself to the Belz Factory Outlet at the northern end of International Drive.

If you are staying on I'Drive then the Trolley Bus or the number 42 Lynx bus, will get you there no problem.

At the Belz, catch the number 27 Lynx and this will drop you off outside the Mall of the Mallenia.

ujpest doza
23-03-2004, 20:28
Is the Mall at Millenia an indoor mall like the Florida Mall or is an outdoor mall like the chelsea premium oulet mall at little lake bryan.

The chelsea premium oulet mall at little lake bryan on south international drive is pretty decent.

Claire M
23-03-2004, 20:30
Hi

The Mall at Millenia is all indoors:).

Claire

imported_n/a
10-06-2004, 01:11
Is there by any chance a website for the Mall at Millenia?
Have been there, but havent come across a website for it!
Also, is there an Abercrombie & Fitch there? I can't remember!

fiona
10-06-2004, 01:49
http://www.mallatmillenia.com/

imported_n/a
11-06-2004, 17:11
Thak you![msnsmile2]

mikewj
12-06-2004, 08:17
Visited Mall at the Millenia for the first time yesterday (Thursday) and came away with two thoughts.

a) Its a very nice mall, with lots of shops and a great Cheescake Factory (Evelyn's Pasta was my meal of choice, followed by some develish cheesecake that had to be taken home to eat).
b) Not many people seem to be shopping.

I dont know whether it was a quiet day, but I cant see how all of those (some quite expensive) stores can be sustained with the minimal number of people doing anything other than window shop !

Ray&Sarah
12-06-2004, 12:28
We thought the same thing Mike & Sue, but having said that we've been to quite a few similar malls in the US and thought the same thing.

E. Cosgrove
13-06-2004, 01:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by fiona
Steph I am sure you will find what you want, but in case you don't, I got something for Catriona at the Bicester Shopping Mall (owned by the same people as the Orlando Premium) - a lovely dress from Monsoon. There was also a lovely Karen Miller shop, but with her colouring the only one that suited her had some "pulls" and frankly should not have been on sale anyway! Goes without saying all the others were perfect!
[/quote]
Fiona,
I didn't realize that the Bicester Mall was owned by the same people as Orlando Premium.Is it worth a trip? it is about an hour from us but I have never been as I usually go to the Great Western Designer Outlet in Swindon.
Cheers Liz [8D]

Ray&Sarah
13-06-2004, 02:03
Liz, We went there a few weeks ago, first time since about a month after they opened, it has improved greatly since then. :)

chris c
13-06-2004, 02:10
Another restaurant at Millenia is Brios. Lovely Italian food. We had one of our best Florida meals there when we went out to the villa in March.
:D:D:D

cameron
13-06-2004, 02:19
The Millenia has always been quiet when we have gone but the staff in the stores ensured us that it is very busy on Friday evenings and saturdays.

Has anybody been at those times?

fiona
13-06-2004, 06:07
Liz I think it is better than the one at Swindon! Definately worth a trip, and with 2 teenage daughters need I say any more!

Angua
13-06-2004, 13:18
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by cameron
The Millenia has always been quiet when we have gone but the staff in the stores ensured us that it is very busy on Friday evenings and saturdays.

Has anybody been at those times?
[/quote]

I'd agree that weekdays are very quiet and probably the best time to go for some some relaxing window shopping although we did visit on the evening of one of their "first Friday" events and the parking lot was packed. Had to hunt for a parking spot and that's a first for us in Florida! A lot of people were gathered around the stage and food stalls outdoors but the stores were busy too.

We also visited on a Saturday morning and found it a little more busy but the place is so large and with the politeness of US shoppers, you're not tripping over people so don't feel oppressed like you can when shopping in the UK.