PDA

View Full Version : whats nightlife like on inter drive

mongster
06-03-2004, 21:33
hi me&friend off to florida 15th march and just wanted to know what theres to do during the night.if theres anys ideas/views on this pls post ur reply so we can get a idea
Also as i believe its springbreak in U.S will that make any difference???
thx for helping

bellaepovera
06-03-2004, 21:39
Disneys Pleasure Island of course is the best!!

brizzle
06-03-2004, 21:44
Depends on what you mean by nightlife. It has ample places where you can eat and drink until late. If you are looking for more of a traditional UK Saturday night out you are best off in Pleasure Island as noted above or trying to get into Downtown Orlando.

I found Pleasure Island to be one of the only things Disney couldn't do that well. I enjoyed it for what it was but I'm not sure Disney & alcohol work together that well....

There is the option of Universals CityWalk not too far away from International Drive's North end but having not been there, couldn't comment. I've also not tried Pointe*Orlando but I've heard that it has a few of what could be considered nightlife establishments

Brizzle.

mongster
06-03-2004, 21:52
hi thx for your ideas and what i meant when i say 'nitelife' was somewhere to have a nice drink and also to meet nice people and have a laugh.
we dont want to be squashed but then again dont wanna be the only 1's there if u know what i mean.

george
06-03-2004, 22:01
If you try Universals City Walk you will find a fantastic Piano Bar through to Hi tec discos. Pleaseure Island is also very good but a bit more compact.

brizzle
06-03-2004, 22:04
Best time we had was when we went on our Honeymoon. We went to Church Street Station. The wife and I had a great time.
Unfortunately I think the place is closed now.

Pleasure Island is a good bet but getting to and from it may be tricky unless you have a designated driver.
You could set aside the extra money for a taxi and make it a one off.

There must be places on International Drive where you can have a few bevvies but others will have to advise [msntongue].
In fact there are a few Irish and British pubs dotted along. The Cricketers Arms in the Mercado Centre is one which I have been in.
So you may well find a few pubs where you can have a drink and a laugh with a few people. Good thing if you are staying on International Drive is you can have a drink then let the I-Ride Tram take you home...

Brizzle

Claire M
06-03-2004, 23:43
HI

I was just wondering what ages you both are?

brizzle
07-03-2004, 13:45
Good point, if you're under 21 then no alcohol anyways.
As for other options, you could trawl through the Nightlife section of the forums. There seems to be some good options there.

Brizzle

mongster
07-03-2004, 15:12
Thx for all your help and will try all them places out ;).
Btw our ages 28/32 both males,we want the fun allday long so florida the place to go :Dwe hope!!!

mongster
10-03-2004, 19:48
this is mongs m8, we r lookin for the sort of nightlife that brizzle stated, typical uk type nightlift, cept preferably with american women drinkin in the bars as oppose to uK women.

Claire M
10-03-2004, 19:54
Hi Mongsters M8

It depends what sort of scene you mean, are you into dance clubs, or just your normal saturday night on the town club? We went to Pleasure Island about 10 years ago, I was only 18 at the time and had to have my hand stamped to show that I wasn't old enough to drink. I thought that the place was a bit cheesy to be honest. Other people on this forum may disagree with me, but that is my personal opinion. The only clubs that you hear on the radio seem to be in Downtown Orlando.

Claire

mongster
10-03-2004, 20:39
hi Claire,yer more of a saturday nite on the town club.we do occasionally dance but only when very drunk as we both have 2 left feet :D.
people have said downtown orlando is good but aslong as the atmospheres good and you can have a laugh(& look at women of course)we dont mind 2bh.
really its like a kids holiday 4 us durin the day and drinking session at night,just didnt know how springbreak would affect the women front as the most prolly go away [msncry].

Claire M
10-03-2004, 21:23
Hi Mongster

I would have thought that Orlando would be inundated with single females during Spring Break!![msnwink] Somebody correct me if I am wrong!

Claire

orlandobabe
13-03-2004, 00:53
My son wasn't having much fun till we dropped him and his girlfriend off in Orange Ave one Saturday night to go clubbin'

They had a brilliant time and finally settled down and really enjoyed the rest of the holiday-we kept telling him Orlando isn't Ibiza!.

He would not have enjoyed Pleasure Island!

Orange Ave-That's the place to head for-where all the young (over 21) Orlandoans go! It was buzzin' he said-and hubby got up at 2am to bring them back!