PDA

View Full Version : THE AMZING ADVENTURES OF SPIDER -,MAN

bonnie
01-06-2002, 00:24
This has to be the best ride in the two parks combined. The effects are great we went on it three times, and every time it seemed to be better. This ride is virtual reality, with 3-d effects and movement. No loops or flipping you just enough to make the effect. At one piont a villian jumps on your car and the car is made to feel like he did. It is now my favorite.....Back to the Future is still running close to it in second. Bonnie

orlandobabe
20-06-2002, 16:59
I've been on it once-and I'd love to pluck up my courage to do it again.

Orlandobabe

bonnie
20-06-2002, 23:50
It has to better than an airboat ride!!!!

jewell
21-06-2002, 02:47
It's better the second time Orlandobabe. Speaking as one who doesn't like the big rides, I plucked up the courage to do a second trip on it, and you really do see lots more that you didn't probably notice on the first nail-biting/stomach turning trip !!!

Do it, what's the worst that can happen???? And if you really do feel queasy, shut your eyes and remind yourself that you haven't left the ground once!

Sandra

Lakul
21-06-2002, 02:57
Out of 8 members of my family, only about three of us kept our glasses on. My brother-in-law felt very ill when he got off and had to make a hasty exit.

It made me feel a bit queasy but I would like to ride it again, as it's a brilliant ride.

Kerry

maggie
01-04-2003, 18:24
Is there an age restriction on this ride or is it by height. My six year old grandson will be very dissapointed if he is not allowed on it. I'm not sure if it is suitable anyway. What does anyone else think. He has an older brother and sister and this is the thing we dread most that they will be able to go on most of the rides and he won't

Maggie

athurstance
01-04-2003, 18:40
There is a height restriction - 40 inches. My son rode it for the first time aged 6. He loved it. He is 8 now and can't wait to ride again when we go in April.

maggie
02-04-2003, 02:15
Thank goodness for that. I thought it would be all hell broke loose if he wasn't allowed on. We are going next week.
Maggie

mikewj
07-04-2003, 00:26
We took a couple of pensioners who hate fairground rides on Spiderman in November. One loved it, the other kept her eyes shut.

You do get thrown around a bit, but if you can live with that, its awsome.

Just make sure that you use a Fastpass (or whatever the IOA equivalent is) or get there early, as the queues for this are always the biggest.

LittleTink
08-05-2003, 22:05
:D:D

I loved that ride - it is totally brilliant - especially when you get sprayed with water by............. that would be telling!

Worth the wait.

Karen

jpj
09-05-2003, 01:53
My wife usually hates the big rides but she plucked up the courage to ride this one - and absolutely loved it !! We ended up going on it 3 times.

The ride actually broke down for about half an hour whilst we were in the queue once. Even that didn't put us off, well worth the wait.

Can't wait to get on it again in August.

dannib
08-06-2003, 21:05
It is very hard for me to choose my best ride out of all the theme parks, but I think that Spiderman just might be my favourite.
This takes 3d rides to another level, Spiderman jumping on the front of your car at the beginning was enough to make me go on another 3 times! It looks so real, and the fact that you move with it is brilliant

Gillian-B
08-07-2003, 23:11
The only way I could stop from throwing up was to take off my glasses ;).

Seriously, though, the ride has the most brilliant special effects - will Shrek 4D beat it [?][?]

Gillian

tinkerbell
21-07-2003, 18:04
From the reports that I have read, Shrek is sounding like it may be a good rival!!!

andyorlando
02-08-2003, 11:19
I was on spiderman 3 times when I Visited (April 03) I can admit too feeling queasy the first time but you have to go back a second time! it as an Unbelievable ride. I am looking forward too trying out Shrek. I'm coming back in 3 weeks (August 22) :) so I'm looking forward too it!

SunLover
02-08-2003, 16:28
Just my opinion folks, but SHREK, altho fun, doesn't come close to SPIDEY. But hey, go judge for yourselves and have fun.

They are both great attractions, but not comparable. :)

andyorlando
02-08-2003, 18:43
Yeh thats what I thought. I don't think anything will compare to the First time I was on spiderman and the sheer shock at how good it was:) I couldn't believe it:D[:I]

Elaine311
19-08-2004, 16:33
My son and I queued for ages for Spiderman (it was stormy and most of the other rides had temporarily closed) but it was well worth the wait! My son is 6 and absolutely loved it. He was so gob-smacked it was a full 5 minutes after the ride before he could talk about it. It was brilliant from start to finish :D It's certainly up there in our 'favourite rides' list!

chrisj
19-08-2004, 18:13
We went on this ride 3 times on the trot last week, as you came out the ride, I noticed a
side door open that led you to the front again, so we kept using it until someone noticed
and hut the door :(

It was fantastic

CarolAnn
19-08-2004, 18:41
Well done ChrisJ:DNaughty but goody[:p]You always feel good when by whatever luck, you can get straight back on a ride don't you[msntongue]Sadly our daughter has finally discovered for herself that the one's us parents will NOT do are, THE BEST in her eyes :D:)But tend to be the longest queues[msneek][msnscared]Still, slap on the sun cream and wait for the maniac child to get thrown upside down,and round and round!! Bless![msnoo][msncool]

ravtino
19-08-2004, 21:17
We went in this ride 4 times in succession, we just kept geeting off and if the que wasen't too bad we went on again, we aimed to get there for 9 and it seemed quite until about 9.30

benfilo
19-08-2004, 23:47
last went to florida a few years back, but it's been about 7 years since we did all the parks. We're off there 8 weeks tomorrow, I don't suppose I'll see many changes will I?
only 1358 hours to [msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]
benfilo

Nostromo
20-08-2004, 01:08
There will be loads of changes. Animal Kingdom opened in 1998, so that will be new. IoA came in 1999 with all its big rides. The other parks will also have revamped. Yes, there will be a LOT of new things to see. Have a great time!

benfilo
20-08-2004, 01:21
thanks Nostromo, I have kept up with the changes by listening to friends going on about there visits[:p] We used to go every 2 years but when we decided on a new edition we holidayed in this country, she's 5 now so it's time for dad to party again[msnsmile2]

benfilo

hadrian
20-08-2004, 02:30
Only went on this ride once last week (no side door open!). Great fun, it may be me but neither my son or I were too impressed with the final 200ft drop, it wasn't realistic enough. Still a great ride though :D:D

benfilo
20-08-2004, 02:48
the excitements getting to me now, spidey here I come, just measured my daughter 42 inches so she can ride it (i would have hated to leave her standing on her own there}[}:)]

benfilo

PS
before I get any flak I was kidding [msnsmile2] {I've had tellings off before by the odd person that hasn't realised[msnwink])

CarolAnn
09-09-2004, 19:43
Yeah! You have to be a little careful Benfilo[:p]Humour doesn't always travel well on a page[msnwink]
I am in talks with my daughter at the moment about what rides she might go on next visit:) She has done Spidey, but I think she might enjoy it more now:):DShe completed the rides in Disney this year that her parents were too chicken to take her on before! Now she is old enough to decide for herself, she went on them alone and thought they were cool[msncool]

godd001
03-04-2010, 17:56
what can i say spinderman a [bowwave] to the man who invented the ride [cheers] to universal for having the ride its the best ride by far for all ages [high5]

ncmurray
03-04-2010, 18:34
Spiderman is a fantastic ride, although I have to say that I like the Simpsons ride better!! It makes me laugh every time!

Nuala

kateydoodles
16-05-2010, 20:54
Spiderman is such a fantastic ride- I love how real it all feels! But I must say, for me The Incredible Hulk coaster wins every time!
On our last trip we went to IOA twice, both times we were there for the gates opening, and both times I legged it straight to The Hulk, and then to Spiderman after- it's hard to beat the thrills you get from them :D