PDA

View Full Version : Gatorland?

Dee0747
06-03-2004, 02:20
Hi to all, Comming to Florida in may with my 2 boys ages 5 and 9. Have never been to gatorland and was wondering if anyone has gone there and what they thought of it. Is there much to do there? Thanks so much.
Dee [:I]

blott
06-03-2004, 02:42
It makes a good half day with a train and lots of other things apart from gators. Don't miss the gator wrestling either! I would think your 9 year old in particular will love it.

esprit
06-03-2004, 08:32
Good place for a few hours. Gator jumparoo where the gator jumops up and takes a chicken from a pole and crocdile feeding show are good in addition to the wrestling. Lots of shows as well as all the gators, crocs and other animal and reptile exhibits. Takes about 3 hours to fit all the shows in. Train is a dollar extra.

Nostromo
06-03-2004, 11:48
There are 2 good ways to plan a visit to Gatorland.

- First (and the most popular) way is to go on the day you are due to fly back home. Assuming that you have a late evening flight to catch back to the UK (:(:(), you will need to kill a few hours after checking out of the hotel or villa. Gatorland is conveniently located on Orange Blossom Trail, on the way to either airport form all Disney Resorts and the villa communities. Thus, you can stop there for 3 or 4 hours and see everything beofre continuing to MCO, which is less than 20 miutes away.

- The other way is to go on a Friday or Saturday morning, see Gatorland and be back in you hotel / villa by 2pm. Get some siesta, have tea, recharge your batteries and go off to Pleasure Island or City Walk for the night and bash out till 2pm!

sunshine state
06-03-2004, 15:24
We went to Gatorland a few years ago and i don't know if it has changed since but i found there was'nt much to do, if you have never been like the others said its worth going for half the day and checking it out.

Mike

rinkytink
07-03-2004, 00:02
We went before catching our flight to kill some time and I thought it was a little overpriced for what you get. I guess you just get spoiled with the other parks - you expect the same everywhere!!!:)

Dee0747
07-03-2004, 02:17
Thanks to everone for their quick responses. We will be in Florida for 8 days and were planing to go to Epcott, Universal and IOA. I thought it would be fun to try something new on one of the other days. I know there was a fleamarket someplace near 92. Does anyone know if it is still there? We've been to Oldtown in the past, but last time we went there in 2002 it wasn't very nice. Anyone with suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again. Love this site. Found it by researching Villa's.
Dee[msnsmile]