PDA

View Full Version : jurassic park river adventure

bonnie
31-05-2002, 21:52
If anyone like the Slpash Mt ride you will also like this one.....I personally didn't,but I hate roller coasters, high rides and this was not a coaster but it was very high. 84 feet high! I was cursing myself for being weak and agreeing to go on it in the 1st place, I don't recall this but my husband said I was also cursing outloud. I hit bottom and my knees were shaking so bad I hardly could get out. But for the strong hearted go...have fun. I will pass from now on. Bonnie

Ray&Sarah
30-04-2004, 00:27
Didn't have the bottle to do this one, mainly because i don't like getting soaked. Looked like fun though!:D

amy
30-04-2004, 00:48
if you dont like getting soaked, dont try dodly dorights or blutos there are a lot wetter than this tame one.

wilfy
30-04-2004, 01:02
So long as you don't sit in the front you should be ok. But then we don't mind getting wet. We are the strange people who go around for the 3rd time already dripping wet.

Ray&Sarah
30-04-2004, 03:50
Yeh surpose if you don't mind getting wet and your already soaked why not go back for more!:D[msnwink]

debbie
01-05-2004, 00:41
I spend ages trying to get my long hair looking decent with the straightening irons before I hit the parks. Then I spend all day on rollercoasters and wet rides.
Can't imagine what I look like on the way home! At least no-one knows me in Florida!

lynn and ray
01-05-2004, 01:47
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by debbie
I spend ages trying to get my long hair looking decent with the straightening irons before I hit the parks. Then I spend all day on rollercoasters and wet rides.
Can't imagine what I look like on the way home! At least no-one knows me in Florida!

[/quote]
Hi Debbie

Dont talk about straightening irons. I too have suffered the florida hair! where after a day at the parks and wet rides you can really look like NOT TONIGHT JOSEPHINE!

chrizzy100
01-05-2004, 02:17
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by debbie

[/quote]

I was so lucky that I had on a top that never goes see through when wet........I never give it a thought before we left for the day......so ladies be careful what clothes you wear.......[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

BlueDaze
03-05-2004, 01:39
One of my favourite memories of our last visit (4 yrs ago..)
My, then 9 yr old, daughter went for it hook, line and sinker when the boat was knocked off course and into the 'no go' area.
"No! No! we're not supposed to go in there..!!" at the top of her voice... sheer panic... LOL..!
Her Mum got soaked at the bottom as well, which was a bonus..!!

mikewj
13-06-2004, 08:53
The River Adventure is starting to look a little tatty this year.

There are a couple of holes in the big Ultrasaur at the start and a couple of the smaller dinos in the building dont seem to be working anymore.

Nostromo
13-06-2004, 12:42
JPRA is a nice ride, but they could probably spice it up a bit more. I think this will happen over the years as the necessary technology arrives - with closer and more realistic Dinosaur Encounters, more unexpected turns etc. The landscaping of 'Jarassic Park' island is particularly good.

eagleydo
25-10-2004, 03:34
Because I have a warped sense of humour I'm afraid, this ride gave me one of my best funny memories. We were on the ride to cool down having been on it many times and were amused to see two rows of people in front of us on the boad wearing macs to stay dry. Hubby said it was odd to worry about getting splashed when it was so hot and we were going deliberately to get wet. Anyway we went through the water and into the wharehouse and just before we reached TREX they all put their hoods down and then down we went. They got absolutely soaked and I am ashamed to say that I had a laugh about it when I got off the boat and was away from earshot. I know, bad ! but it was funny.

chunkichik
15-11-2004, 01:35
[msnoo][msnoo][msnoo][msnoo]
This ride gave me the willies (not literally you understand!!)

I should explain that on our first trip to Orlando, I hadn't been on a rollercoaster/log flume etc. for many a year and frankly I had lost my nerve. Our first ride was Atlantis at Seaworld and I thought I was going to die, this is the first and only ride that we went on as a family, in hindsight, Daniel and Ross were only 4 and 6!!.

At IOA I went on a few rides with my nephew who was 9 and a bit braver, we did dinosaur and thought we would do RA. Now I stress that we DID NOT know there was any log flume element to this ride, we were merrily going through the dinosaurs and I mentioned to my nephew that this was a nice gentle ride, we might get a bit wet but I though my boys would have enjoyed it. Next thing we know, warning warning, etc. you know the score and we went under the crate that nearly falls on you and into the building. The sheer panic hit me as we started to go upwards, very steeply I thought and I knew, what goes up must come down!!!!, well I have to say I have never been so scared in my life and vowed never to go on it again. We did buy the picture, but only because I have never seen such fear on my face ever!!

Thankfully last time we went my brother came with us and he made me go on all the rides with him and I mean ALL the rides, I even went on RA with my arms up!!