PDA

View Full Version : cameras

tyson1212
05-03-2004, 19:11
when i go to disney this time i want to take my small sony digital video camera on the family water tube ride, i know i will have to have a cover for it but do they allow you to do this

Nostromo
05-03-2004, 19:29
I don't know about the local regs, but out of interest, what kind of cover are you going to use? One of those Ewa-Marine jobs?

mikewj
05-03-2004, 20:04
They allow you to take single use, waterproof, still cameras onto the rides, but I'm not sure whether they'll be OK with expensive camcorders.

Its not just the water they have to worry about, you may drop and break it during the ride and then sue them so they protect themselves.

I had a bum (fanny) pack on in Seaworld and had to remove it before riding Kraken for this very reason, even though it had been through numerous other parks and rides without a problem. They refused to let me ride before I'd taken it off.

Corny
07-06-2004, 02:34
I always buy a throw away camera on the beach/pool as water and sand always seems to find a way in!

They have always let us on the rides with those, but I have never tried my digital camcorder. What about getting a friend/family member to video you on the way down? Some flumes can be viewed while in the queue.

KarenScott
07-06-2004, 17:50
How much would you pay in the US for a waterproof disposable? I've seen in Boots they are £9.99 (and not on 3 for 2!!) would I be better to wait until we are in the US and then buy?
Regards
Karen