PDA

View Full Version : New Universal Park in Spain

chrisj
05-03-2004, 01:39
Ive spoken about parks being opened up in Spain on other threads, but did anyone see the telly advert about half hour ago.

Universal have just opened up a new park outside Barcelona

brizzle
05-03-2004, 01:44
I'm pretty sure this is Port Aventura which is owned by Universal.
As far as I can see it has been re-branded as Universal Mediterranea and includes the original Port Aventura and a water park.

Opened a few years back and is where Disney should have located in Europe not France, IMO.

Brizzle

Edit : Looks like it is, see http://www.portaventura.es/

chrisj
05-03-2004, 01:51
Well i think most here agree euro disney is in the wrong place, cheers for the link, seems
to be the same place im on about

kevinprewett
05-03-2004, 10:44
Chris,
been there! but it's not 'universal' as we florida addicts know it. Would have been a great site to build EuroDisney tho'[msnwink][msnwink]

Nostromo
05-03-2004, 13:11
Disney belongs in Paris as much as Mozart in a Rock 'n' Roll club. :(:(

Biggus
05-03-2004, 13:34
EuroDisney is located where it is because the French government were so desperate to have it in France that they underpinned the whole project with financial incentives etc that meant Disney would have been mad not to. Having said that I don't why they didn't site it down in the South of France (a bit warmer than Paris!!)

kevinprewett
05-03-2004, 14:05
Personally it wouldn,t make any difference to me which part of France it was sited in[V][V]

Anyway don't get me started again on this one again!!![msnmad][msnmad]

Matt
05-03-2004, 15:42
I'm off to Port Aventura (Universal Mediterranea) in April. Will have to see what its like now that Universal are promoting it as a Universal Park.

Matt

Ray&Sarah
05-03-2004, 20:35
Hi Chris,
We looked into going to Universal Mediterranea for a few days this year, but found it would be cheaper to go to Florida for a week![}:)]