PDA

View Full Version : Flight Question

craig_emptage
05-03-2004, 01:28
Hi

I've got a bit of query about passenger details when booking flights. I have booked two tickets with virgin for october through charter travel and i remeber when booking i was asked about our names as they apear on our passports. I gave our first and second names but forgot to ask if the airline needs our middle names as i think they appear on our passports too? Can any give me any info on the matter? I did email charter travel but did not get a reply.

Thanks

Craig

brizzle
05-03-2004, 01:34
I'm pretty sure the tickets will be in the format of title, initial and surname (e.g. Mr A Smith).
Middle names should not be an issue.

I did book a holiday once and almost put a friends intial down as B for Bob but suddenly realised it was R for Robert...that would have caused problems at check-in.

Brizzle

chrisj
05-03-2004, 01:37
We have never used our middle intials, but they are on our passports. However for the cost
of a phone call I would phone Charter and just ask their advice .

I have emailed Charter before and they do respond to emails, it might be that they were busy, but give them a call, im sure it could be sorted out in a few seconds

Drew
05-03-2004, 02:51
I did have problems once when I had flight tickets bookes for Drew and my passport is Andrew. We had to cancel tickets and rebook.

Drew

bellaepovera
05-03-2004, 12:01
I also never put my middle name on my ticket, and never had a problem. One time they spelled my sons last name wrong, and what problems I had. Everything had to be changed on the ticket, they made such a big thing out of it. So be very careful and check your ticket when purchasing and make sure everything is correct on there.

kevinprewett
05-03-2004, 14:08
As long as you have Mr/Mrs... first initial or name and surname you'll have no probs.
Any spelling mistakes on the tickets tho' get em changed a.s.a.p so no trouble at the US gateway.[msnwink][msncool]

hamptonlakes
05-03-2004, 14:26
I think the tickets charter sell and none changeable and non refundable.

i dont see a problem with middle names because i have never given my middle name and i went with Virgin back Nov 03 and everything was ok apart from my passport was damaged and the security where not going to let me back into the UK[msntongue][msnscared]

craig_emptage
05-03-2004, 17:26
Ok thanks, sounds positive. I have looked at the confirmation letter and everything is correct there, just wanted to double-check.

Thanks

Craig

Oliver
17-03-2004, 02:48
While were on this subject, My sister who booked the flights for us this May,
booked my other sister as Miss she is separated but not yet devoiced so
still really a Mrs.

Yeah I know abit dippy :D

Do you think this will be a problem at check in??

Oliver..

blott
17-03-2004, 03:28
If she has a red passport as opposed to the old blue ones (which did say Miss/Mrs), then it won't be a problem. The most important thing is that she has the same name on the ticket as on her passport.