PDA

View Full Version : Favourite place to eat out??????

TotallyAngelic
04-03-2004, 13:50
Hi
Just wondering where everyones favourite place in Orlando to eat out was? We love Damons (or rather we did, it's now no more apparently!). We have also enjoyed places like Tony Romas and Cheeburger Cheeburger on the Gulf Coast and were wondering if there are any outlets of these in Orlando. Another favourite has to be the Hard Rock at Citywalk, and the kids enjoyed the Ponderosa Steakhouse by Wet and Wild, mainly because of the 'eat as much as you like' desserts and ice cream...typical. [msntongue]

Ray&Sarah
04-03-2004, 21:07
There are three Tony Roma's in the Orlando area that we have found, one at Lake Buena Vista, one on the 192 and the other on I-Drive. Can't you tell we love their ribs. We also love the Olive Garden (Italian), found in the same locations and the Outback is good for a steak. Ray is fond of Applebees for a steak as well.

Nostromo
04-03-2004, 22:28
If you fancy Latin cusine (and music and dancing) Latin Quarter in Universal's City walk is very good. But you need to book and go on a Friday or Saturday night.

I have heard of the Bahama Breeze with its Caribbean food. I love Caibbean food, but have not had the chance to go to that place yet. Maybe this time...

ewhyte
04-03-2004, 22:32
Oh No, we will be sad to see them go! We loved Damons too! First went their on our honeymoon in August 1988! NOw it's replaced by the Outback but not as good.

Gillian-B
04-03-2004, 22:38
Bennigans is excellent - big choice and reasonably priced (I love their deep fried sandwich, but it's not very good for the diet!). They have lots of locations on the US192, SR535 & International Drive. I haven't been to Outback yet, but LoneStar is my favourite for steak (on SR535). Also, if you like Hard Rock, try Planet Hollywood at Downtown Disney (you can't miss it).

DISNEYDIVA
05-03-2004, 00:14
I love Del Boy's in Old Town, good old British food.............
Harry Ramsbottoms at Fort Liberty British food.
The first time we went to Orlando i ate that many cheese burgers i couldn't face any when i got home for about six months.......

esprit
05-03-2004, 08:54
Is Delboys still open?? Bennigans does very good fish and chips, around $8 so cheaper than Harry Ramsbottoms.

lgordon6041
05-03-2004, 12:16
I prefer the Golden Corral for all you can eat. With the Ponderosa you need to buy a steak then everything else is 'all you can eat' (unless you just buy the buffet but the GC includes as much steak, fish etc as you like.

As a steak house, Longhorn on the 192 is the best steak I have ever tasted. They serve huge glasses of ice cold Bud in frozen glasses as well!

mr flibble
05-03-2004, 16:55
HI,
We love Outback steak house,but still
haven`t tried the Blooming Onion yet[msntongue]
So mny restaurents so little time[msnwink]
Ian

DMC
05-03-2004, 17:19
The Outback is always a good bet, but our most favorite place to eat has to be the Olive Garden on I'Drive.

We have never had a bad meal yet and everyone is just so friendly.

Can't wait for the 30th of April when we will be returning for what we think will be our 20th visit :D

DISNEYDIVA
05-03-2004, 19:57
esprit, I hope Del Boys is still open.....we last went in May 2002. Does anyone know ? [msncry]

mikewj
05-03-2004, 20:06
We love Olive Garden (all over the place) and Chevys in Crossroads. In fact we were so impressed with Chevys that we bought their recipe book.

One day we'll open it :D

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
05-03-2004, 20:56
Good choice - they are both firm favourites with our family too - we go to the Chevy's on the 192 just east of Medieval Times [msnsmile].

We also love Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and Chilis.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mikewj
We love Olive Garden (all over the place) and Chevys in Crossroads. In fact we were so impressed with Chevys that we bought their recipe book.

One day we'll open it :D
[/quote]

Ruth
05-03-2004, 22:27
Ours are Olive Garden, Carrabas and Outback. Never tried Chevys but will next time;)

rozzer
05-03-2004, 22:41
what kind of food is chevys. sounds good.

fiona
05-03-2004, 22:57
We enjoy Antonios at Celebration - excellent italian food, Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville - burger in paradise to die for, and great nachos, and possibly the best bloody mary ever!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
05-03-2004, 23:20
Chevy's is mexican - they make the tortilla's in the restaurant and the whole place feels just like you are in Mexico rather than in somewhere pretending to be Mexican.

The food is to die for and the Marguerita's a dream too [msnsmile]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by rozzer
what kind of food is chevys. sounds good.
[/quote]

Ray&Sarah
06-03-2004, 03:14
We celebrated the new year at Olive Garden this year, we toasted it in at 7pm US time as it was new year here and our son was on the phone to his girlfriend! I think people in the restaurant thought we were mad but we're not daft we got to celebrate twice!:D:D:D

Rhosyn
06-03-2004, 16:19
Can everyone stop taking about food i'm getting very hungry. Arriving in Orlando on April 3rd[msnsmile][msnsmile]If I take everybodys advise I'll be in the resturants for the 14 days. Thanks for all the tips will try a few this time around.
Putting on weight by the minute

mr flibble
07-03-2004, 02:45
Hi,:)
The Olive Garden is Italian ?
Am I right[?][?]
Chevys sounds excellent , I love Mexican food[msntongue]
This is torture[msncry]
I`m wishing my life away waiting for October[msnembarrased]
Ian

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
07-03-2004, 02:48
LOL Ian [msnsmile2].

The Olive Garden is Italian.

mikewj
07-03-2004, 04:23
Going to have to try one of those Chevy's Marguerita's this year....it'll be my 35th birthday while we're out there, so I do have an excuse to down a few !! [xx(][xx(]

rogerdunnaker
03-08-2007, 18:57
First time we went to Orlando, we were so fed up with burgers etc that we found some Ritz biscuits and bought half a pound of cheese, best meal we had over there.