PDA

View Full Version : 2005 - Feb, March or April?

ruthless333
04-03-2004, 01:33
Would like to ask for your opinions on time to travel next year. I believe Easter is in March (2005) and therefore earlier than this year.
I will be staying in Orlando, Daytona and Fort Lauderdale - covering three weeks hopefully.
Had originally thought about travelling in February (using 1 week of the school half term, so daughter only missing 2 weeks school) but that is not too much of a problem now - hence the option to travel through into April if necessary.
I would like to still avoid American school holidays if possible and would like to travel when the weather is comfortably warm.
Also having never been to America, do the airlines have cheaper time blocks of travel (ie Jan-March, April-June etc.)that might be worth considering?

Anyway, looking forward to reading all your advice and comments. If I don't reply tonight, its because I've decided to try to get some sleep......... this site is so addictive, even when I'm not logged on I am constantly flipping through the Chat Sections....[|)]

So, thanks for all your help in advance[msnsmile]

pbensur
04-03-2004, 06:15
Hi Ruthless,
I can tell you when the American school holidays will be. Many schools will be off the week after Easter (March 27), though there will be many off the week before instead. So I would avoid the period from the 20th of March to the 3rd of April. Your best shot at comfortably warm would be after this period rather than prior. The weather can still get pretty cool in early March. Best of luck with your plans!!

ruthless333
05-03-2004, 13:47
pbensur, many thanks for replying. my apologies for not thanking you quicker.... [:I]
we are travelling to orlando, daytona and fort lauderdale, order not decided yet. have you any idea of special events that might be occurring either early March or April (after easter as you suggest)? partner would like to see some 'all american' sporting event if possible..........
once again many thanks for your help.
[msnsmile2]

blott
05-03-2004, 16:45
It would be probably too early to know for sure about sporting events fixtures for 2005.

If you want something 'all American' you could try the rodeo on Hoagland every Friday night at 8 pm which is about as all American as you can get! http://www.ksarodeo.com

ruthless333
05-03-2004, 19:41
Thanks blott, what a good idea!! another web site to add to my 'FAVOURITES' holiday folder.......... the computer will be getting full up...[8D]

espritdave
05-03-2004, 23:50
You can be sure of a couple of things. Baseball spring training is always March (about 8 different locations with an hour of the parks) and there is always a pro tour golf event in Orlando in March. The TPC (regarded as the 5th golf major) is always at the end of March up in St Augustine.

There is a lot less going in April. As the weather gets better up north, sports generally get quieter in Florida.

Regards
Dave

http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/schedules/r

http://www.springtrainingmagazine.com/grapesched04.html

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
It would be probably too early to know for sure about sporting events fixtures for 2005.

If you want something 'all American' you could try the rodeo on Hoagland every Friday night at 8 pm which is about as all American as you can get! http://www.ksarodeo.com
[/quote]

ruthless333
06-03-2004, 01:01
espiritdave, thanks. golf.mmmm...... my partner tried that, went to one of those driving ranges at a very posh local club with a friend - nearly got himself barred as the 'groundsman' said they had received complaints from other members that they were aiming their balls (golf!)at the cars in the car park!!!!! of course he denied that this was deliberate as his car was parked there too......... !!!! maybe if we do get to see some real golf, he might pick up some tips.
I must admit baseball appeals to me so I'll add the web addresses you have posted into my 'FAVOURITES' folder.
once again thanks for taking the time respond.