PDA

View Full Version : A Night On The Town

tracyh
03-03-2004, 00:52
Where do you recommend as a great night out, a nice meal then a few beers (not into night clubs or dancing).

It will be just me and my partner. We are staying on I Drive and don't want to travel too far.;)

Nostromo
03-03-2004, 01:29
For something very different, We want to try the Adventurer's Club at Pleasure Island this time. Never been there so far, but heard it is good comedy club. The House of Blues on Downtown Disney's West side is also good if you are into Blues and Jazz. Another venue we want to try is Pat O'Brien's in Universal's City Walk, where every night is described as a 'Mardi Gras' in the spiel. They are famous for their cocktails.

Gillian-B
03-03-2004, 02:23
For a meal with a bit of a difference, try Bahama Breeze (www.bahamabreeze.com). They do have a restaurant on International Drive, but I'm not entirely sure where it is (I've only been to the one on Vineland Road/SR535 which also isn't that far from International Drive). It's a Caribbean restaurant, with a seating area outside that often has live music and a great laid-back atmosphere.

Alternatively, my favourite Saturday "haunt" is Kissimmee Old Town where they have the "Saturday Nite Cruise" (basically, lots of classic American cars cruising the street). The atmosphere is great and they have a couple of good bars.

Have a great holiday [8D]

bellaepovera
03-03-2004, 13:08
I also would recommend Bahama Breeze, fun atmosphere, food is great, especially the apetizers, which they give you huge portions!
Also Ruby Tuesdays is very good, music, dining and yes a few beers!

DMC
03-03-2004, 14:14
Not sure where abouts on I'Drive you are staying its about 6 miles from end to end, but there are plenty of things to do and we always stay at the Rosen Plaza next to the Convention Centre, we are over there in May for our 12th visit.:D

It all depends what you like to eat, The Olive Garden is our favourite if you like Italian Food, Ming Court is good if you like Chinese, Bahama Breeze as already mentioned is a good place, as is Houlihans if you like Americian Food ( their Mushroom Starter is to die for )

All are within a short walk of The Pointe Shopping Complex.

There are 2 nightclubs in the Pointe, for different ages and tastes in music and there is also a nightclub in the Rosen Plaza which is called Backstage.

If you don't won't to drive then there is a Trolly Bus Service which runs until midnight 7 days a week and is very cheap to use.

If you need anything further then let me know.

DMC
03-03-2004, 14:21
Tracy

Following my last post I re-read your message and picked up that you don't do clubs ( just like the wife and I ) - so ignore the Night club suggestions.

The good news is that the Pionte does have a cinema which is worth a visit.

Let me know if you need anything else.