PDA

View Full Version : Ideal Community

TeddyB
02-03-2004, 22:52
I was wondering if anyone could advise which would be the best community to stay at for a first timer, They will be 4 adults and a teenager of 13 im trying to find a area which is both peaceful as well as having things for the little-un to do.

Thanks in advance

fiona
02-03-2004, 23:19
Well 13 is not young enough to need a play area is it?

You may find you are out at the parks so much you wouldn't actually use the facilities of a resort, but if you think you would like that, look at Windsor Palms and Emerald Isles.

When we first went our daughters were 7 and 10 and when we weren't at the theme parks, we were at water parks, or had time at the villa enjoying the pool! Where we stayed had a community pool and play area but we never went near it!

All the communities are away from the hustle and bustle - even if they are accessed from the 192.

Why don't you put a general enquiry out, listing must haves if there are some(!) and then have a good look at what is available for your dates, and draw up a shortlist.

TeddyB
03-03-2004, 01:07
Thanks fiona

I ll take them into consideration,i think my niece is a little too old for play parks with swings and things but i was thinking more on the lines of maybe community pool, basketball court somewhere she is able to mix with kids of her own age,i think two weeks just with us adults will drive her insane and im fed of her constantly on the playstation as her dad and i want to play.

steph_goodrum
03-03-2004, 01:17
Hi Teddy
Welcome to the forums, many of the communities do have facilities like tennis courts , basketball, volleyball etc and these are often good not just for your niece to mix (although she is perhaps a bit young to leave her alone) but there is usually a larger pool where you can sit and keep a discreet eye. They are also good for family time as well, you'lll find most activity in the early mornings or evening once it is a little cooler, depending ont eh time of year you go. The best way is to put out an enquiry for the dates you have in mind and then just check the communities from the replies you receive.

Lauralee
07-03-2004, 09:36
We went to a lot of different resorts in Janaury and what I did notice about Windsor Palms was that in the clubhouse there were a number of teenagers in the clubhouse, playing pool etc. I did not see many teens hanging at out at the other resorts.

Happy hunting [msnsmile2]

tuzanne
08-03-2004, 21:02
I may be a bit bias as I have just purchased a villa in Terra Verde. However, it seems to fit your requirements. It has a great Clubhouse with community pool, spa, internet cafe, shop, kids games room with pool table, basketball practice pitch, fishing lake, man-made beach with volley ball. The community is not excessively large and is gated for security. I also understand that it will have a shuttle bus service running from August 2004. Most of the villas town houses there have their own pools. However, I found that when my kids were teenagers, particularly young teenagers, they used to like to hang out at the shared pool to meet kids of their age. Good luck where ever you choose to go.