PDA

View Full Version : discovery cove

Katy2605
02-03-2004, 01:16
How long in advance should you book discovery cove. I'm going in august and i know it must get busy.

Thanks for the help

Ruth
02-03-2004, 01:40
There is plenty of availability at the moment. However I would book as soon as you know which day you want to go. if it is going to be a while before you can be certain of your requirements then I would keep an eye on their website to see how busy it is getting.

Nostromo
02-03-2004, 01:42
I booked a place 2 weeks or so ago for 6th May. They said that there were 'some' vacancies at the time.

Gillian-B
02-03-2004, 02:08
When I spoke to Discovery Cove about making a reservation, they advised to book well in advance (3+ months) for the busy season, particularly for the dolphin swim. The problem is they only allow 1000 visitors a day, so they will get booked up. Like Ruth says, book it as soon as you know for sure you want to go

As a practical point, if any of your party are very fair skinned, don't book DC for the first couple of days, so you can get used to the Florida sun (although they do have sun shades and provide good sunscreen).

It's a great day out - have fun[msnsmile2]

chris
07-03-2004, 23:49
You get one complimentary date change but the cancellation policy is quite good anyway so you can book a long time in advance knowing you can change it.

Lesley 999
28-03-2004, 00:55
<span style="color:blue"></span id="blue">
Hi Katy,
We're going to Florida July/Aug 2004. We booked our day at Discovery Cove last week for 8th Aug. There were 2 days in Aug with no availability, so I would keep you eye on it. We found the best price with Keith Prowse. (If you buy a DC plus ticket you get 14 consecutive complementary days at Seaworld and Busch Gardens. )
Lesley

Ruth
28-03-2004, 03:00
It is possible to get better prices for Discovery Cove tickets than direct from Keith Prowse. I don't think the ticket site attached to this forum does Discovery Cove tickets though?

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
28-03-2004, 03:10
We do not do the Discovery Cove tickets I'm afraid as there is too much overhead with them as you have to check availability for each one and the way we keep our costs down is to keep the admin like this to a minimum.

Ana
30-03-2004, 03:14
I have always found it best to book directly through DC website. This way you can book when the exchange rate is favourable.

wrpac00
19-04-2004, 21:04
I would go along with what Ana said. We have been twice and both times we booked direct with Seaworld.

Paul

Ruth
19-04-2004, 21:11
I have also been twice, the first time I booked through the Discovery Cove website, the second time I got a better deal in the UK:)

pt cruiser
30-04-2004, 00:20
Hi everyone, this is a great site, we have been to florida many times but we've learnt so much from reading this site i cant wait till november!!
i would love to go discovery cove but i'm on the large side do they cater for us? i.e floats ect.also we have an autisic son who's 21 who i think would love it, are they trained for special needs? the trainers not the dolphins!!
Thanks
Tag

amy
30-04-2004, 00:30
We booked direct, I would book early because they sell out quick and it is good value, the great day out a free meal and a weeks pass for sea world and busch Gardens, not to mention swimming with JC and his friends

cameron
03-05-2004, 12:44
We have just booked for DC and there is no availability between 18th July to 21st Aug 2004.

george
03-05-2004, 12:47
How much does it cost per person , any reduction for children.?
Is it a set time/
Sound like you were lucky to get in. have a great day.<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by cameron
We have just booked for DC and there is no availability between 18th July to 21st Aug 2004.
[/quote]

Ruth
03-05-2004, 12:59
There is no children's reduction although under 3s get in free. When you book in you are given a set time for your swim but the rest of the day you can spend as you wish.

Kickstart
09-05-2004, 23:18
For anyone who needs discovery cove tickets and can't get them from Sea World direct we got some from a travel company in the UK even though Sea World said all dates were sold out.

They pre sell some tickets to the agencies. Worth a try but we had to pay more for them.