PDA

View Full Version : Celebration

Theresa
12-02-2002, 18:44
This is a very cheap way to spend an afternoon.

We went with our American friends. The children took their roller blades and scooters and had a great time going round the lake. The footpaths are wide and quite safe. When it was time to cool down they jumped in the fountains. At lunchtime we ate our picnic in the picnic area and children's playground. Later in the day when it was cooling down we sat outside one of the cafes. We were very surpised at the prices not expensive like one would think of. We had a great day and as mentioned not expensive by far and a good change from the busy parks, but then again we did have good company.

Driving round Celebration it made me think of a film I once saw 'The Stepford Wives', some of you will know what I mean!

At Christmas time every evening, I believe that they have artifical snow.

SueJ
13-02-2002, 00:50
LOVE Celebration - very Stepford Wives !!
Have read the books about it too - fascinating.
Like all the restaurants, and Barneys Coffee shop, and they do a reasonably priced matinee at the Cinema too .
Have sat on the rocking chairs with Alligators eyes less than 6ft away. Anyone been to the hotel there? Couldn't really look round much of it.
SueJ
Ps Farmers Markets on Saturday morning, artificial snoe in December, about 8pm, along with Frosty the Snowman, and a great Santa in his own house by the lake WITh Mrs Claus too !!

orlandobabe
13-02-2002, 00:51
We always have a visit to Celebration-this is where my daughter intends to live when she has made her millions. I know what you mean it does have a Stepford feel about it and as the houses aren't cheap-you are paying a lot of money to be gawped at!

We went to church there on Xmas Eve-and it was lovely Now I'm not really a church going person-but the atmosphere was so warm and friendly, the preacher so mesmerising, and the songs-well you couldn't call them hymns so lovely-I think I would end up going there a lot!

The houses were something else! We drove round several times just to see the decor. Out of this world doesn't come into it. I think they must get firms in to do it. They were stunning. Moving Santas, music, cribs, creches, tableaux and all colour co-ordinated lights-you must get your xmas guests to go is all I can say.

The fake snow-which looked like minute particles of foamy fairy liquid was every hour from 6 till 9pm.

The Celebration Hotel does a lovely breakfast buffet if you want something a bit different

It was pretty cold on Xmas Eve-but if you could have seen this family of Brits playing in the fountains-well it would have to be wouldn't it.

They are still building in Celebration -it's getting huge now- and the models are well worth a visit!

Orlandobabe

imported_n/a
13-02-2002, 14:35
As regards Churches, there is a lovely warm and friendly Roman Catholice church by Premium Outlets. Beautiful service on Christmas Eve but get there early as there were police patrolling parking as nearly 2000 people attended. Highly recommend Celebration also for adults who want some time without the kids - if that's possible in Disney!

orlandobabe
13-02-2002, 22:29
That must be something like Mary Queen of the Universe Shrine on Vineland Ave near Little Lake Bryan.

Orlandobabe

athurstance
13-02-2002, 22:42
We went to Celebration at Xmas to see the snow. It was really nice just wandering around. The hotel looks rather good too.

Calamity Jane
14-02-2002, 11:43
quote:
We went to Celebration at Xmas to see the snow. It was really nice just wandering around. The hotel looks rather good too.

We spent a good hour there whilst it was "snowing" the children loved it, even though it wasn't real, they were rolling around on the floor covered from head to toe.
Santa was there and my grandson had his photo taken (the usual sat on his knee) but the best was, it was pets evening and there were somany people there with their dogs (all wrapped up in bows and such) they had their photo's taken with santa also.
I thought this was great, it only happens in America

Edited by - Calamity Jane on 14/02/2002 07:51:43

davefloridavilla
16-02-2002, 23:11
Your say Celebration looks like the stepford town, without wanting to anger and fellow owners, have you ever driven round the Westridge community where all the postboxes in the street are the same!!

Could help but mention it, it made me chuckle when we were looking around the communities.

Regs
Dave.

greenhalgh
19-02-2002, 11:14
A good way of seeing Celebration at christmas especially the houses and the lights is to take the horse drawn carriage ride !It leaves from front street opposite the street with the snow .We paid $25.00 for 6 of us it was a long Queue but worth it !

sue greenhalgh

semerton
21-02-2002, 02:54
My daughter has just booked my home for the begining of December and I was telling her to night to go when the snow falls are on she also as her sites on the houses thier well it does'nt hert to dream the shops are also very wonderful for that somthing extra

Carla
22-02-2002, 10:08
We flew into Orlando last September (just the 2 of us, no kids) on the day before we closed on our villa. As a special treat we booked into the Celebration Hotel for the night. The room was lovely, with a great view over the lake. Old fashioned furnishings, with a huge bathroom. It cost us US$129 plus tax for a lovely double room with a king-size bed.

I was able to log onto the internet to check my email via the TV, free of charge.

We didn't stay for breakfast as we had eaten the night before at Antonios Italian restaurant right by the lake, and were still full!! It was great to be able to walk to Antonios and share a bottle of wine without having to worry about the driving.

tinkerbell
08-04-2002, 14:02
We have visited Celbration on te last 3 occasions, and yes, at xmas its beautiful, but have to say, it felt a little eerie! We didnt veen get out of the car as we felt we were imposing! There was nobody around and the houses all looked like lights were on nobody home!!!

I watched a documentary about the creation of Celebration which is why we visited, but the rest of my family were not impressed, my Mum hates it when my dad turns the car in towards it!