PDA

View Full Version : vehicle hire

paras
29-05-2002, 15:01
We are a group consisting of 15 people with luggage.We aim to hire 1 vehicle (15 seater or above),would 1 vehicle suffice .

Ruth
29-05-2002, 15:14
If you have even a normal amount of luggage you may find that a 15 seater does not have room for it all once all the passengers are in it.

Ruth

jewell
29-05-2002, 15:19
We hired two people carriers (7-seater) and there were 10 of us, two families of 5. Day-to-day it was great, but when it came to moving with our luggage, we were struggling for space.

Sandra

blott
29-05-2002, 16:08
Although US vehicles tend to have more interior room than UK ones, the boot (trunk) is usually smaller and there is generally less luggage space.

Only you know how much luggage your group will be taking but, if it's a lot or you have 'hard' suitcases, you would be better advised to get a vehicle at least two persons capacity larger than your group. That way, you get extra seat and floor space for your luggage. With a group size of 15, this would mean a minimum of 2 x 8 seater vehicles although 1 x 12 and 1 x 7 might be a better configuration. There are NO luggage racks available for US rental vehicles!

The only other way to fit everything in is to limit the size and type of luggage your party will be taking. If you are renting a Florida home, you will have a huge washer and dryer in the home so taking lots of clothes is not necessary as you can wash and dry them in a few hours. Don't forget you will also need some extra space in your luggage to take home your bargain purchases!

Blott

esprit
29-05-2002, 16:14
Would suggest you hire two smaller vehicles which would give you more flexibility. Luggage problems apart, you may not all want to go to the same place at the same time.

Julie Carty

bonnie
29-05-2002, 16:39
I sent a group of 30 people to Orlando and two 15 passenger vans were not big enough once all collected luggage. I had a third van a 7 passenger and it came to be the life saver. I also agree that you may not want to all go to the same place at the same time. Bonnie

orlandobabe
29-05-2002, 20:33
We know how difficult it can be with just 4 of us sharing a car at times. Think for example that some people may just want to go in different directions at night for example.

3 full size cars may be a much better option -they are plenty roomy enough for all the luggage.

Orlandobabe

bonnie
29-05-2002, 22:44
The last time my family went we got a midsize car (we are family of 4)and we had just enough room for luggage in the trunk. I think I would have to agree w/Orlandobabe and get the three full sized cars instead. We had just enough room because I take every thing I may ever want to wear and def. enough for a month, when we are only there for a week ! P.s did you see I am now a junior! Bonnie