PDA

View Full Version : Daytona bike week 2004

esprit
01-03-2004, 06:39
Went today and it was awesome. First time ever as we have never been here in February before and as motorbikers back in the UK ( well I was pillion) although we have yet to take the plunge in Florida, it was always on our agenda. The whole of Main Street was closed off and just full of bikes and bikers and there were more cruising up and down there and on Atlantic Ave. Not many on the beach due to bikes and seawater not mixing well! Some of the bikers had come from really far afield. Saw numberplates from Michigan, Indiana, Illinois and even Ontario. There were stalls selling bike gear, clothes, jewellery, food, accessories etc along the road and well a lot of places selling drinks some with live bands. Some weird and wonderful things going on too with some 'colourful characters' including a lady riding her Harley in a bikini top and very small thong and another running a stall selling burgers who was topless except for a small pink pompom over each nipple! Not a good idea in my opinion given the chance of hot fat splashes and the fact that it was a rather grey day but she had them queuing up to buy!!
All in all, a great party atmosphere and some nice bikes to look at as well. And all free! The show continued down 1-4 when the bikes all headed home pretty much at the same time as us.

fllion
01-03-2004, 06:42
Glad you had a good day .i was working cleaning

esprit
01-03-2004, 06:53
In case you dont understand the last comment, fllion cleaned my own villa for me today and that is the only reason I ever got to go there!!:)

chrizzy100
01-03-2004, 07:30
quote:Originally posted by esprit

Went today and it was awesome. First time ever as we have never been here in February before and as motorbikers back in the UK ( well I was pillion) although we have yet to take the plunge in Florida, it was always on our agenda. The whole of Main Street was closed off and just full of bikes and bikers and there were more cruising up and down there and on Atlantic Ave. Not many on the beach due to bikes and seawater not mixing well! Some of the bikers had come from really far afield. Saw numberplates from Michigan, Indiana, Illinois and even Ontario. There were stalls selling bike gear, clothes, jewellery, food, accessories etc along the road and well a lot of places selling drinks some with live bands. Some weird and wonderful things going on too with some "colourful characters" including a lady riding her Harley in a bikini top and very small thong and another running a stall selling burgers who was topless except for a small pink pompom over each nipple! Not a good idea in my opinion given the chance of hot fat splashes and the fact that it was a rather grey day but she had them queuing up to buy!!
All in all, a great party atmosphere and some nice bikes to look at as well. And all free! The show continued down 1-4 when the bikes all headed home pretty much at the same time as us.

The women sound a bit over dressed for a biker do to me.....lol!