PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter Rides

tracyh
01-03-2004, 02:36
We'll be staying at the Quality Inn Plaza on our next visit (opp The Pointe), which has helicopter rides next door.

Has anybody been on one here, or anywhere else. We definitely want to do this on our next trip.

Which was the best?

[:p][^][xx(]

Nostromo
01-03-2004, 11:42
I have been on Helicopter rides in Niagara Falls, Grand Canyon, Badlands and Orlando. Personally, I think helicopter rides are an expensive rip off, with the notable exception of Grand Canyon. The ride invariably seems too short, you don't see things as grandiosely as you expect, the noise of the rotors drowns out the commentary on the earphones (if you have one, that is) and above all, it is too expensive. As a family, we have now made a decision to NEVER be tempted by helicopter rides again.

chrissb
02-03-2004, 02:44
Hi Tracyh
last summer i took our 6 year old on a helicopter ride which we had seen as we were driving down I4 close to International Drive. They had a hugh range of rides to choose from at varying costs. We ended up with approx a 12 minute ride which took us over Universal and Seaworld including Discovery Cove. It was the first time either of us had been in a helicopter and we really enjoyed it. Yes it was a bit noisey, but we had headphones on and could hear each other quite clearly (not sure if this was a good thing as Michael never shut up and asked every question that you can think of) I cannot remember how much it cost, but it was worth it to see the joy on Michael's face at the end of the ride. Would we do it again? well I'm going to have to when our 18 month old is old enough to appreciate it, but I'm not objecting too much.