PDA

View Full Version : Rainforest Cafe...Any Good?

tracyh
29-02-2004, 21:25
Hi

Has anybody been to the Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom or Downtown Disney?

We are planning a trip to one of these on our next visit to Orlando.

I believe that the atmosphere is great, but is the food great too[?] Or is there any preference between the two[?]

Suggestions please.........

caroline
29-02-2004, 21:34
We've eaten in both and really enjoyed both :)

SunLover
29-02-2004, 21:37
Make sure you get seated in the "heart" of the rainforset. At busy times, or if you have a small party, they tend to want to sit you on the sidelines, which defeats the whole point of being there.

We've been a couple of times and found the food pretty good.

bellaepovera
29-02-2004, 22:51
I love it there!! Fun place...wish they would of kept the waffle fries..they were good..Get there early like 4pm or else theres a waiting line sometimes for 2 hours.

markburwood
29-02-2004, 23:44
Both places are great,but a little pricey.My kids love the place :)

zerotone
01-03-2004, 00:36
Have been to Rainforest Cafe at AK twice. Never had to wait longer than 10 minutes. Even if you do - take it in turns in the line and browse the shop. Food ok. Kids love the animals and fishes.

Jane

chrisj
01-03-2004, 00:38
If its like the one in London then dont bother, the staff were rude, food was cold and
very expensive but from above its obviously not the same company

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
01-03-2004, 00:50
We've been to the Downtown Disney one a few times and really enjoy it. I'd advise getting there early and getting your name on the waiting list as there always seems to be a short wait whatever time of day you go.

Food is good, atmosphere great and staff very friendly [msnsmile].

Ray&Sarah
01-03-2004, 00:51
We went to the one at Animal Kingdom, found the food to be expensive but the kids loved the thunderstorms etc... Pretty average menu and the food was standard.

01-03-2004, 01:24
Downtown Disney regulars!

We get there early and like to sit outside, nice views across the lake.

Also like the Hard Rock cafe, food is great.

Planet Hollywood not so good these days.

chrisj
01-03-2004, 01:32
never been there but will do this July

Tracy
01-03-2004, 01:41
Been to the one at Down Town Disney a few times, great atmosphere, the kids think it is great and it is good for us as we can bribe them into having clean plates before going and having a look round. Good food, although in comparison to some places does appear quite expensive - but a really good all round experience !

Katy2605
01-03-2004, 02:13
I went to the one in downtown disney. We arrived late so we had to wait a bit but there are lots of shops to look around. It has a great atmosphere and some good food. All the family really enjoyed it, so i would say it is worth atleast one visit!

Ana
08-03-2004, 23:09
Rainforest Cafe is excellent! Haven't tried the one at AK - but have tried the one at Downtown Disney regularly. Food is consistently good and service is great, and it's such a FUN place to eat! They accomodate large parties very well :D:D:D:D:D

I agree with Chrisj about the London one - it closes really early and when you go in you feel as though you are disturbing their teabreak or something. A very unwelcoming place indeed [V]

imported_n/a
09-03-2004, 02:11
Rainforest Cafe is great, a really tropical atmosphere to eat and shop in and has animatronic animals like monkeys and they start playing around every 10 or so minutes! Also they have a Tropical Storm and the lights flash and you hear thunder and rain and the animals react to this!
Plus this place has the best chips (fries) ever!

Chris:D

Joolz
09-03-2004, 17:24
Have been to Animal Kingdom one- we booked in advance that worked well (mind you that was some years ago- dont know if they are doing pre bookings anymore- we booked in the morning of the day we went- and skipped all the waiting )
Fab place to eat enjoyed the food- a bit more pricey than other places but well worth it.

Ana
09-03-2004, 19:17
Has anyone tried breakfast at the RFC? I believe they do Eggs Benedict <yum>

Citrus-view
11-03-2004, 15:58
Hi you may not like this however, the 1st time we visited was v expencive but so much fun who cared.

went bacl apeat 3 tyears ago we ordered and waited and waited 30 mins latter, still no food in true "american" style kicked up a stink lots of sorrys from the manager, dinner would be free etc waited another 20mins and it was cold.

Ended up walking out

Have never been back as it can be fun
[msnmad]

wilfy
12-03-2004, 03:40
Split view, great atmosphere :), bland food :(